Thetford hope for seaside special
Long Melford 1, Thetford 0 Thetford Town only just lost out to leaders Long Melford and will hope to get get the better of Gorleston when they hit the coast on Saturday.
Long Melford 1, Thetford 0
Thetford Town only just lost out to leaders Long Melford and will hope to get get the better of Gorleston when they hit the coast on Saturday.
Town travelled to early league leaders Long Melford last weekend and started well with some early pressure but it was Melford who had the first chance on seven minutes with an effort just wide.
Town had a good chance on 20 minutes when Howard and Woods combined but the shot was cleared then Tanti had an effort just over.
Melford looked dangerous on the break and should have taken the lead on 21 minutes but shot wide.
Town had plenty of possession but could not find a clear opening against the Melford defence.
- 1 Train delays as lorry hits railway bridge
- 2 Police search for owner of puppy lost near Mildenhall
- 3 Crowdfunder for terminally ill mum to fulfil dream of marrying partner
- 4 Concerns raised over plans for holiday cabins at equestrian centre
- 5 Final consultation to be undertaken on future of Thetford Market Place
- 6 'She was the glue' - Family's loving tribute to devoted mum Netty
- 7 Rare chance to rent a 16th century farmhouse overlooking a Norfolk estate
- 8 Five-year-old child struck by car in Brandon discharged from hospital
- 9 Motorbike and car crash on A134 near Norfolk village
- 10 Catalytic converters stolen from three cars in Mildenhall in one night
The end of the half saw a Scott free-kick tipped over by the Melford keeper.
The second half saw Town have an early attack but it was Melford who scored the only goal of the game when on 52 minutes they broke away to score from close range.
Town could not respond and Melford looked the likley team to score again with only a Dixon effort of any note for the Town side.
Town were reduced to 10 men in the closing minutes with a facial injury to Pat Armes and then reduced to nine men with the sending off of Clayton.
Thetford: Bowden, Clayton, Money, Bailey, Haynes, Tanti, Howard (Jones), Armes, Scott (Tavares), Woods, Dixon (Blake).