Thetford hope for fine Rovers return
Thetford Town don't have a game on Saturday but host Godmanchester Rovers on Tuesday (ko 7.45pm).Stowmarket Town 2, Thetford Town 1THETFORD Town travelled to Stowmarket hoping to build on last week's win at Ipswich and they started brightly, but it was Stowmarket who got the first corner but was cleared.
Thetford Town don't have a game on Saturday but host Godmanchester Rovers on Tuesday (ko 7.45pm).
Stowmarket Town 2, Thetford Town 1
THETFORD Town travelled to Stowmarket hoping to build on last week's win at Ipswich and they started brightly, but it was Stowmarket who got the first corner but was cleared.
Walsh had a good cross cleared before Oliver had a long-range shot wide on 12 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Stowmarket then had a period of pressure which resulted in Town conceding corners which were dealt with by Corston.
Town had rare sorties into the Stowmarket half and got their first corner on 40 minutes.
- 1 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 2 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 3 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 4 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 5 Farm's 'Goats at Home' service booms after lockdown
- 6 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 7 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 8 Thetford Forest invites runners to enjoy fresh air and scenery
- 9 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
But a poor half ended scoreless.
Stowmarket had a great chance early in the second half but the finishing was poor.
Town then had a good penalty shout ignored by the referee.
Town applied more pressure and on 60 minutes a cross from Davies saw Mann volley against the bar, then a cross from Oliver saw Davies missing the cross by inches.
Scott then had a shot well saved by Charters, but Town did take the lead on 74 minutes when a long ball from Corston saw Scott run on to score past the keeper.
The game went from end to end, but nine minutes later the home side drew level with an edge-of-the-area shot from Lamonte Cooper.
The home side took the lead after 83 minutes when substitute Bruce's centre was headed home by James Graham, but it was home keeper Ross Charters who secured the points, with two point-blank saves from Mann and Davies to deny Town at least a point.
There is no Thetford Reserves fixture this week but they travel to Whitton on Saturday, 3pm.
The U18's entertain Dereham Town in the FA Youth Cup on Monday, 7.45pm kick-off.