Thetford hit bullseye
The Thetford Men won the Norfolk Super League Darts title with a win over Thorpe. They knew that the league would be won if they took three sets but the 6-1 win meant they did it in style.
The Thetford Men won the Norfolk Super League Darts title with a win over Thorpe.
They knew that the league would be won if they took three sets but the 6-1 win meant they did it in style.
The team captain Jason Mold gave a debut in the men's league to Dan Mock due to his fantastic season in the youth league. He was drawn out first and had a 3-0 win.
There were maximum 180s for Mark Allen, Jason Mold and Gary Butcher (2). Man of the match was Phil Carter who had a 3-1 win with an average of 25.82.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies put up a good fight but lost 3-1 to the Thorpe Ladies who won their league.
Carina Allsop went close to beating one of the top county player but it was the ladies captain, Nikky Herschell who had the win. Nikky beat her county youth manager and county player Ruth Katra 3-2.
- 1 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 2 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 8 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 9 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
Thanks go to, on behalf of the entire squad, Steve from the Great Eastern in Brandon. Thanks for the sponsorship and for making the Great Eastern a venue to be proud of.
Good luck to the Thetford Men who now go on to represent Norfolk in the Knockout Cup.
Averages - Men: Dan Mock 3-0 (16.70), Gary King 3-2 (24.20), Gary Butcher 3-1 (25.67), Mark Allen 3-2 (24.64), Paul Goldsmith 0-3 (20.43), Jason Mold 3-0 (24.24), Phil Carter 3-1 (25.82).
Ladies: Vinny Novell 0-3 (13.05), Nikky Herschell 3-2 (11.16), Carina Allsop 2-3 (14.24), Rosemarie Morris 0-3 (14.45).