Thetford hit bullseye
The Thetford Men won the Norfolk Super League Darts title with a win over Thorpe. They knew that the league would be won if they took three sets but the 6-1 win meant they did it in style.
The Thetford Men won the Norfolk Super League Darts title with a win over Thorpe.
They knew that the league would be won if they took three sets but the 6-1 win meant they did it in style.
The team captain Jason Mold gave a debut in the men's league to Dan Mock due to his fantastic season in the youth league. He was drawn out first and had a 3-0 win.
There were maximum 180s for Mark Allen, Jason Mold and Gary Butcher (2). Man of the match was Phil Carter who had a 3-1 win with an average of 25.82.
The ladies put up a good fight but lost 3-1 to the Thorpe Ladies who won their league.
Carina Allsop went close to beating one of the top county player but it was the ladies captain, Nikky Herschell who had the win. Nikky beat her county youth manager and county player Ruth Katra 3-2.
- 1 Roads to have speed limit cut to 30mph after death sparks campaign
- 2 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 3 'A posy fit for a Queen' - Winners crowned in school Jubilee competition
- 4 Escaped cows block traffic on A1065 in Suffolk
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 9 WATCH: Big Jet TV films at RAF Lakenheath to mark new Top Gun movie
- 10 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
Thanks go to, on behalf of the entire squad, Steve from the Great Eastern in Brandon. Thanks for the sponsorship and for making the Great Eastern a venue to be proud of.
Good luck to the Thetford Men who now go on to represent Norfolk in the Knockout Cup.
Averages - Men: Dan Mock 3-0 (16.70), Gary King 3-2 (24.20), Gary Butcher 3-1 (25.67), Mark Allen 3-2 (24.64), Paul Goldsmith 0-3 (20.43), Jason Mold 3-0 (24.24), Phil Carter 3-1 (25.82).
Ladies: Vinny Novell 0-3 (13.05), Nikky Herschell 3-2 (11.16), Carina Allsop 2-3 (14.24), Rosemarie Morris 0-3 (14.45).