Thetford golfers swing on through
GOLF: Thetford Ladies have progressed to the fourth round of The Mail on Sunday Classic having won at Bury St Edmunds GC on March 4 at the 20th hole sudden-death play-off and subsequently taking a win by 4 -1 over Richmond Park GC on March 21 at Thetford.
The following have represented the Thetford club over the previous rounds: Jane Warton, Heather Clarke, Amanda Williams, Helen Ayres, Margaret Fisher, Pat Hudson, Janice Fossey and Wendy Puttock.
Ladies’ Medal March 8
Division One: 1 Janice Fossey 90–16-74ocb, 2 Margaret Fisher 90–16–74, 3 Liz Wigg 90–15–75.
Division Two: 1 Helen Ayres 96–21–75, 2 Vera Squirrell 97–21–76, 3 Molly Izzard 101–23–78.
You may also want to watch:
Ladies Stableford March 15
Division One: 1 Jane Warton 36 points, 2 Janice Fossey 33, 3 Liz Wigg 31.
- 1 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 2 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 3 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 6 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 7 'Beers, big TVS and men's mental health': New barbershop to open in town
- 8 Teen stabbed in Thetford
- 9 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
Division Two: 1 Helen Ayres 37, 2 Vera Squirrell 32, 3 Shirley Pead 31.
Division Three: 1 Sandra Gordon 33, 2 Shannon Marvell 29, 3 Brenda Phillips 28.
Mens English Blind Golf Association Stableford March 19: 1 Alan Phillips 38, 2 Mark Coltman 36, 3 Doug Stephens 36.
Seniors Stableford March 7: 1 Alan Phillips 37ocb, 2 Mervyn Aho 37, 3 Robert King 36.