Thetford golfers swing on through
GOLF: Thetford Ladies have progressed to the fourth round of The Mail on Sunday Classic having won at Bury St Edmunds GC on March 4 at the 20th hole sudden-death play-off and subsequently taking a win by 4 -1 over Richmond Park GC on March 21 at Thetford.
The following have represented the Thetford club over the previous rounds: Jane Warton, Heather Clarke, Amanda Williams, Helen Ayres, Margaret Fisher, Pat Hudson, Janice Fossey and Wendy Puttock.
Ladies’ Medal March 8
Division One: 1 Janice Fossey 90–16-74ocb, 2 Margaret Fisher 90–16–74, 3 Liz Wigg 90–15–75.
Division Two: 1 Helen Ayres 96–21–75, 2 Vera Squirrell 97–21–76, 3 Molly Izzard 101–23–78.
You may also want to watch:
Ladies Stableford March 15
Division One: 1 Jane Warton 36 points, 2 Janice Fossey 33, 3 Liz Wigg 31.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 3 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 4 Drugs most often seized by Norfolk police revealed
- 5 US servicemen commemorate death of RAF Lakenheath pilot in crash tragedy
- 6 Six figure commitment agreed to pursue Suffolk bus improvement strategy
- 7 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 8 Care home creates mini golf course in its garden
- 9 School praised for 'effective action' to address serious failings
- 10 Build of new school building could see more places for SEND children
Division Two: 1 Helen Ayres 37, 2 Vera Squirrell 32, 3 Shirley Pead 31.
Division Three: 1 Sandra Gordon 33, 2 Shannon Marvell 29, 3 Brenda Phillips 28.
Mens English Blind Golf Association Stableford March 19: 1 Alan Phillips 38, 2 Mark Coltman 36, 3 Doug Stephens 36.
Seniors Stableford March 7: 1 Alan Phillips 37ocb, 2 Mervyn Aho 37, 3 Robert King 36.