Thetford gain swift revenge
THERE was a very tense finish but Thetford managed to get sweet revenge for the previous week's defeat at the hands of Fakenham.This Saturday the first team are at home to Debenham LC (kick-off 3pm).
THERE was a very tense finish but Thetford managed to get sweet revenge for the previous week's defeat at the hands of Fakenham.
This Saturday the first team are at home to Debenham LC (kick-off 3pm).
TOWN travelled to Fakenham looking to revenge the previous week's defeat - and got it with a 3-2 win.
Town with a strong wind on their backs took advantage on eight minutes when a cross from Pask found Cole, whose first-time effort wrong-footed the Fakenham keeper to give town the lead.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham responded with an effort just going wide.
The wind was not making it easy for either side so the game went from end to end with no real finish.
- 1 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 2 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 3 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 4 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 5 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 6 Training at RAF base given positive rating by Ofsted
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
Town increased their lead on 26 minutes when a Skipp free-kick was curled into the top left-hand corner.
Pask then had an effort saved after a good run.
Pask then had a goal ruled out for offside before Cole had a good effort saved by the keeper just before half-time.
The second half saw Fakenham spring an early attack which brought a good save from Hulyer. Wood then produced a good run which ended in a corner.
Fakenham with the wind on their backs put the Town defence under some pressure but it was Town who increased their lead on 56 minutes when a free-kick from Skipp was headed home by Wood.
Hulyer was called into action soon after, tipping over a Fakenham effort.
Then Cole had a good run but was cleared.
Fakenham pulled a goal back on 67 minutes when a shot was not held by Hulyer and was slid in.
Town pressed the panic button with Fakenham on the up and a long-range effort on 67 minutes gave Hulyer no chance to give Fakenham a chance to share the points.
But a very nervy finish by Town saw them hold on and collect three very valuable points.
Thetford Reserves travelled to Leiston and returned with a point after a 2-2 draw with goals from Rocky Holt and Jonny Large.
They have no fixture this weekend.
Thetford U18 entertain Walsham Le Willows next Monday in their last fixture of the season with a 7.45pm kick-off.