Thetford end on a high
Thetford Town 3, Halstead Town 1TOWN finished their season on a high with a 3-1 victory over Halstead Town. On a sunny afternoon it was Halstead who had an early chance just wide, and then Jones had an effort on nine minutes which went over the bar.
Thetford Town 3, Halstead Town 1
TOWN finished their season on a high with a 3-1 victory over Halstead Town.
On a sunny afternoon it was Halstead who had an early chance just wide, and then Jones had an effort on nine minutes which went over the bar.
Town continued to press and a good cross from Scott just missed the outstretched legs of Dixon. Bruno then went on a run which resulted in a corner which saw Bailey head just wide.
You may also want to watch:
The game went end to end and Halstead had a good chance on 14 minutes which just missed the post.
Town countered and Mann saw his effort rebound off the post and cleared, then another long ball from Scott saw Mann hit first time wide of the target.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to war heroes with walking marathon effort
- 2 Man fractured partner’s cheekbone after making machete threat to sister
- 3 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 4 A1066 to close for five more nights
- 5 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 6 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 7 Man attacked and robbed by hooded teen gang
- 8 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 9 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 10 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
Bowden then brought off a good save to deny Halstead. Bruno once again caused Halstead problems down the left and just before halftime his pass found Mann whose cross was just headed wide by Dixon.
Town took the lead on 55minutes when a Bruno corner found Mann who headed across goal for Howard to slot home at the far post.
Town mounted more pressure and a ball from Clayton found Nita who ran through but shot to high. Town increased their lead on 70 minutes when Dixon turned the defender and cut in to score from an acute angle.
With Town switched off allowing Halstead to gain some control and on 73miutes they pulled a goal back. Bowden saved soon after but then Town regained their composure and sealed the points on 89 minutes when Mann scored from close range.
On Friday, April 30 Thetford Town have organised an evening at Mildenhall Dog Track, tickets �10 which include coach travel, entrance fee and race card.
If you are interested please contact Bob Richards on 01842 764282.