Thetford end on a high
Thetford Town 3, Halstead Town 1TOWN finished their season on a high with a 3-1 victory over Halstead Town. On a sunny afternoon it was Halstead who had an early chance just wide, and then Jones had an effort on nine minutes which went over the bar.
Thetford Town 3, Halstead Town 1
TOWN finished their season on a high with a 3-1 victory over Halstead Town.
On a sunny afternoon it was Halstead who had an early chance just wide, and then Jones had an effort on nine minutes which went over the bar.
Town continued to press and a good cross from Scott just missed the outstretched legs of Dixon. Bruno then went on a run which resulted in a corner which saw Bailey head just wide.
The game went end to end and Halstead had a good chance on 14 minutes which just missed the post.
Town countered and Mann saw his effort rebound off the post and cleared, then another long ball from Scott saw Mann hit first time wide of the target.
- 1 Thetford pupil Oxford-bound after hat-trick of A* grades
- 2 A-levels 2022: All the results from Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Council’s wildlife camera stolen from conservation area
- 4 West Norfolk village pub to reopen as bed and breakfast after sale
- 5 How a new Norfolk forest helped heal the nation's timber industry
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Truss claims UK workers need 'more graft' in leaked statement
- 8 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 9 Parish council weighs in on row over 'rollercoaster' racking
- 10 Norfolk Restaurant Week returning for 2022 with discounts across county
Bowden then brought off a good save to deny Halstead. Bruno once again caused Halstead problems down the left and just before halftime his pass found Mann whose cross was just headed wide by Dixon.
Town took the lead on 55minutes when a Bruno corner found Mann who headed across goal for Howard to slot home at the far post.
Town mounted more pressure and a ball from Clayton found Nita who ran through but shot to high. Town increased their lead on 70 minutes when Dixon turned the defender and cut in to score from an acute angle.
With Town switched off allowing Halstead to gain some control and on 73miutes they pulled a goal back. Bowden saved soon after but then Town regained their composure and sealed the points on 89 minutes when Mann scored from close range.
On Friday, April 30 Thetford Town have organised an evening at Mildenhall Dog Track, tickets �10 which include coach travel, entrance fee and race card.
If you are interested please contact Bob Richards on 01842 764282.