Thetford draw with leaders
THETFORD Town entertained top of the table FC Clacton and as expected the away side applied the early pressure, but Town contained them well limiting the free scoring side little chance to any real sight of goal.
THETFORD Town entertained top of the table FC Clacton and as expected the away side applied the early pressure, but Town contained them well limiting the free scoring side little chance to any real sight of goal. Town had the odd sortie into the Clacton box but it was not until the 20 minute that Town got their first corner which was cleared.
On 21 minutes Bowden in the Town goal had his first real test and did well to block the advancing forwards shot, he was then called to save well on 26 minutes, but then town had a spell of pressure with a Dixon effort just wide. Town competed well against Clacton and Mann had two good efforts just before half-time. Half-time 0-0.
Town had a dream start to the second half when within two minutes of the restart Dixon took a through ball from Kedian to run on to score past the keeper. However the lead was short-lived when within two minutes Clacton broke down the left and the resulting cross was headed in by Heighway. Then the game went from end-to-end with Mann having a great chance on 59 minutes shooting over from close range. Clacton then forced their first corner of the half on 75 minutes but was cleared. The game still had some life at the end with Howard going close and then Clacton just shooting wide. In the closing minutes Town thought they had all three points but the ball was cleared off the line. With Clacton pressing the Referee blew the whistle on a very good competitive game. Final score 1-1.
This Saturday the first team are at Long Melford, 3pm kick-off.
You may also want to watch:
The Reserves entertain Needham Market, 3pm kick-off.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 4 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 5 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 6 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 7 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 8 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 9 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 10 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees