Thetford draw with leaders
THETFORD Town entertained top of the table FC Clacton and as expected the away side applied the early pressure, but Town contained them well limiting the free scoring side little chance to any real sight of goal.
THETFORD Town entertained top of the table FC Clacton and as expected the away side applied the early pressure, but Town contained them well limiting the free scoring side little chance to any real sight of goal. Town had the odd sortie into the Clacton box but it was not until the 20 minute that Town got their first corner which was cleared.
On 21 minutes Bowden in the Town goal had his first real test and did well to block the advancing forwards shot, he was then called to save well on 26 minutes, but then town had a spell of pressure with a Dixon effort just wide. Town competed well against Clacton and Mann had two good efforts just before half-time. Half-time 0-0.
Town had a dream start to the second half when within two minutes of the restart Dixon took a through ball from Kedian to run on to score past the keeper. However the lead was short-lived when within two minutes Clacton broke down the left and the resulting cross was headed in by Heighway. Then the game went from end-to-end with Mann having a great chance on 59 minutes shooting over from close range. Clacton then forced their first corner of the half on 75 minutes but was cleared. The game still had some life at the end with Howard going close and then Clacton just shooting wide. In the closing minutes Town thought they had all three points but the ball was cleared off the line. With Clacton pressing the Referee blew the whistle on a very good competitive game. Final score 1-1.
This Saturday the first team are at Long Melford, 3pm kick-off.
You may also want to watch:
The Reserves entertain Needham Market, 3pm kick-off.
- 1 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 2 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 3 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 4 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 Augmented reality Gruffalo trail launches in forest
- 7 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 8 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in