Thetford Dolphins celebrate after season of success
- Credit: Submitted
Thetford Dolphins Swimming Club marked the end of their annual Club Championships with a presentation evening and disco at the Charles Burrell Centre.
Trophies and medals were presented by newly-appointed club chairman Karen Darton and the coaching team, to swimmers taking top-six places in their age group events.
Special awards were presented to Alice Fasey for Most Improved Swimmer; Alex Darton for Club Swimmer of the Year; Sam Worsnop, Emily Duffy and Grace McGill for top Links swimmers; Amy Peck for biggest PB; Grace McGill for biggest championship record; and Alfie King for most individual gala points achieved.
Awards were also given to the Ultimate Championship swimmers, scoring most points in each age group overall: Toby Szczerbicki (10), Alice Fasey (10), Alfie King (11), Georgina Dickenson (12), Dan Collins (14), Heidi Last (13), Oliver Mold (15) and Grace McGill (15).
New team captains for 2015 were also announced, with Georgina Dickenson and Alfie King for the juniors and Amie Copp and James Trayton for the seniors.
In total there were 110 Dolphins swimmers who competed in the Club Championships, with 347 PBs and 163 new times achieved over 813 swims.
Club and championship record breakers were: Alexandra Ashley (15) with a club record in girls 400m freestyle; Alfie King (11), club record in boys 400m freestyle and championship record 100m freestyle; Amie Copp (15), championship record 100m breaststroke; Daniel Clark (11), club record 1500m freestyle and championship record 100m butterfly; Dan Collins (14), club records in 50m backstroke and 200m backstroke; Grace McGill (15), club records in 200m butterfly and 200m IM, championship records in 50m backstroke, 200m breaststroke, 100m backstroke, 100m freestyle and a club and championship record in 1500m freestyle; and Macaulay Harvey (13), championship record in 100m breaststroke.
- 1 Woman in 60s taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 2 Two people taken to hospital after van rolls over in Lynford crash
- 3 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 4 Tesco supermarket in Brandon reopens after cash machines ram raid
- 5 What the average UK house price can buy you in Norfolk's towns
- 6 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 7 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 Ever fancied being a real life CSI? Now's your chance!
- 10 Noise warning issued due to increased flying over RAF Lakenheath
Winners of the freestyle Skins races were Grace McGill and Luke Collins, while the boy’s team were victorious in the girls against boys relay.
Winners of the Club Championship open events were: Grace McGill, 50m butterfly, 1500m freestyle, 50m backstroke, 200m butterfly, 200m backstroke, 200m breaststroke, 200m IM, 50m freestyle; Dan Collins, 50m butterfly, 200m freestyle, 1500m freestyle, 200m backstroke, 200m breaststroke, 200m IM; Alexandra Ashley, 200m freestyle, 400m freestyle; Alfie King, 400m freestyle; Kerry Douthwaite, 800m freestyle; Jacob Wright, 800m freestyle; Luke Collins, 50m backstroke, 50m breaststroke, 50m freestyle; Jacob Clarke, 200m butterfly; and Amie Copp, 50m breaststroke.