Liam Conroy’s unbeaten ton sets up impressive win for Thetford
- Credit: Archant
Thetford moved up to third in Norfolk Alliance Division One as a superb knock from Liam Conroy inspired them to their fourth win of the season.
After the disappointment of the previous week's wash-out Thetford saw off visitors Sprowston by 61 wins, with opener Conroy carrying his bat for an unbeaten 106.
Conroy hit nine fours in a knock which spanned 154 deliveries, with Chris Cooper providing great support with 71 in a second wicket partnership of 134.
A further 56 was added for the fourth wicket with skipper and brother Ryan (31) as the hosts reached an excellent 255-5 in their 50 overs after being asked to bat first.
Daven Roff made a battling 53 in reply but Sprowston were always behind the tough asking rate and were dismissed for 194 in the 48th over.
You may also want to watch:
Craig Baulch was Thetford's most successful bowler, taking 3-38, while Neil Lockwood and Lewis Greyson weighed in with a couple of wickets.
On Saturday Thetford travel to leaders Old Buckenham, who will have a point to prove after being bowled out for just 31 at Topcroft on Saturday to slide to their first defeat of the season.
- 1 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 2 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 3 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 4 'Extensive damage' caused as business centre is flooded
- 5 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 6 Cows cause congestion after wandering into RAF Lakenheath viewing area
- 7 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 8 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 9 Augmented reality Gruffalo trail launches in forest
- 10 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
Swaffham got back to winning ways by beating Horsford A by 33 runs as Mark Eagle impressed with both and ball.
Eagle top scored with 61 in a total of 181-9 and then recorded the excellent bowling figures of 10-1-18-5 as the visitors were dismissed for 148 despite a brave knock of 75 from Oscar Binny.
Swaffham travel to bottom side Beccles on Saturday.
Thetford A maintained their position at the top of Division Six as they bounced back from their first defeat of the season by seeing off Hales and Loddon by seven wickets.
Chasing a modest 153-5 they won it in the 44th over as Andrew Kerling lead them home with an unbeaten 56 after Alistair Newey had laid the foundations with 40.
Thetford seconds are at home to their Dereham counterparts on Saturday.