Thetford Bulldogs reach two tournament finals
THETFORD BULLDOGS U11 finished runners-up in their age group at the St Andrew’s FC tournament.
They began the day with successive 0-0 draws, first against local rivals Swaffham, then against Costessey in a game they controlled without being able to find the net.
That left them needing a win against Jex Rangers, and with Diogo Pacheco scoring the only goal they duly secured a 1-0 victory.
Next up were unbeaten St Andrew’s A, who gave Bulldogs a tough game, before Bulldogs once again came out on top thanks to a single goal from Jack Bunten. The last group game against St Andrew’s B ended 0-0, but saw Bulldogs clinch a place in the semi-finals.
In the semi-finals Bulldogs again faced Swaffham, with another goal from Bunten ensuring a place in the final against St Andrew’s A.
You may also want to watch:
The final saw excellent play from both teams, and extra-time looked likely, until St Andrew’s broke through and Bulldogs conceded their only goal of the tournament, a minute before the end.
Bulldogs team: Harry Roberts, John Ward, Jack Bunten, Pedro Fortes, Michelle Castro, Diogo Pacheco, Jayden Ramm and Marcos Pizzaro.
- 1 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 2 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
- 3 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 4 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 5 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 6 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 7 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 8 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
nThetford Bulldogs Reds Under-9s had another excellent tournament, finishing runners-up in the South Norfolk Youth League Plate tournament at Watton.
Some sound goalkeeping from George McCloud aided by solid defending in midfield from Arturs Visocanskis and Alex Clifton meant they didn’t concede a single goal in their five group games, drawing 0-0 with Morley, Brandon Rovers and Harling and winning against Brandon Ravens 1-0 (Cairo Carr) and Thetford Bulldogs Blues 2-0 (Cairo Carr, Theo Woodrow).
That left them joint top of their group on nine points with Harling, and these two sides played a longer format match for the final, which a very good Harling side won 2-0. Reds’ player of the tournament was flying winger Kyran Cooper who gets better by the week. Well done lads.
nBulldogs FC are to start training for an U16 girls team (yr 10 now, yr 11 in September) this Saturday. They train on the pitches behind the sports centre from 10.30am-noon under coach Kerry. The club also has a training school on a Saturday for 4-7 year olds (10.30-11.30am). Age groups range from the training school to U16s. Bulldogs are a Charter Marked club and all coaches are CRB checked and have achieved FA Level 1.