Thetford boxer Milo Clay loses out in close decision to Sean Pavitt
- Credit: PA
For the first time in 25 years a boxer from Thetford has represented their hometown club.
Thetford Town Boxing Club’s Milo Clay travelled to Sudbury last Sunday to take on Sean Pavitt from Braintree ABC.
With some great travelling support Milo stepped into the ring to great applause.
With Matt and Taylor Dean in his corner a very close, hard fought three rounds followed with some gritty, powerful ringcraft from both boxers.
Unfortunately Milo came out on the wrong side of a split decision that could easily have gone his way.
You may also want to watch:
Thetford Town Boxing Club is now officially up and running. Milo and his fellow squad members will all be in action over the following weeks and months.
n The next professional boxing show in Norwich will be held at The Halls on Friday, March 3, Zaiphan Morris will headline the show as he fights for the British Classic Challenge belt.
- 1 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 2 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 5 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 8 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 9 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash