Thetford beat Boro in friendly
Thetford Town entertained manager Mick Money's old club Attleborough.They found the going tough in the first half, only managing two shots on goal- one from Paul Mleczek that hit the post after a good save by Boro Keeper Barry Wells and the second a fierce shot from Greg Devlin which lacked accuracy.
Thetford Town entertained manager Mick Money's old club Attleborough.
They found the going tough in the first half, only managing two shots on goal- one from Paul Mleczek that hit the post after a good save by Boro Keeper Barry Wells and the second a fierce shot from Greg Devlin which lacked accuracy.
Thetford's build-up play was a joy to watch with Dave Richards marshalling the back four of Christian Money, Henry Armes and Lee Devlin to good effect. Paul Mleczek was receiving a lot of ball in midfield but Thetford's movement up front was poor and too often they went sideways instead of forwards.
Although Thetford had the lion's share of possession Attleborough looked dangerous on the break with Tom Clarke and Glen Sharp prominent. Sharp went close with a header and Tom Clarke shot wide when well placed.
You may also want to watch:
Matthew Blake replaced the injured Aaron Piggot and began to ruffle the Boro centre halves Mark Whitmore and Phil King who were looking in control up to this point.
A change of formation at half time and a more direct approach paid dividends in the second half with Johnny Large opening the scoring at the far post after good work by Simon Mann.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 8 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 9 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 10 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
Mann added two himself shortly afterwards one from a great finish after being found wide right by Matthew Howards pass and a second after good work by Howard and Craig Skipp he ran past four players to coolly place past Barry Wells in the Boro goal to put Thetford in command.
Attleborough got a consolation goal from Danny Whitman who turned onto a great through ball by Phil King.
Thetford Town would like to thank Attleborough Town Marty Fuller for getting a side together at such short notice and wish him and his club all the best for the season.
Final score Thetford Town 3, Attleborough Town 1.