Thetford battle well against leaders
Loddon 4, Thetford 0Herculean efforts from a nine-strong hockey team held league toppers Loddon at a no-score draw until the 31st minute of the first half.
Loddon 4, Thetford 0
Herculean efforts from a nine-strong hockey team held league toppers Loddon at a no-score draw until the 31st minute of the first half.
Thetford Ladies were diminished in numbers, yet they still made it hard for Loddon to make their first break.
Chris Church alongside Nicola Scarrow - putting in her debut - were exceptional in defence, clearing the ball and closing down increasingly frustrated Loddon players.
You may also want to watch:
Scarrow made a fabulous save off her stick in the right corner of the goal to thwart a goal.
Davina Rolph was calm and focused in goal, deflecting an incredible number of attempts.
- 1 Noise disruption possible as low-flying RAF jets simulate training
- 2 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 3 International designer asked to create ambitious vision for Thetford
- 4 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 5 Tips for families with Special Educational Needs children in lockdown
- 6 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 7 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 8 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 9 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 10 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
Charlie Harwood, Leanne Smith, Dawn Heavey, Sarah Nichol and Kathy Hammond in midfield made some great breaks in the first half - even winning a short corner against the full side.
In the second half, with 2-0 on the scoresheet, the away team's good humour stayed high, even though legs started to tire.
Heavey dropped back to help push the ball up the pitch, while Harwood, Nichol, Smith and Hammond made some fine solo runs to relieve the defence.
Despite defeat, Thetford came home feeling the winners in this match.
Rudling and Wakelam player of the match: Nicola Scarrow.