Young triathlete Billie-Jordan Butler has another excellent season
- Credit: Archant
Young triathlete Billie-Jordan Butler has made her mark over the course of the season.
The Great Hockham Primary School pupil has once again won the Eastern Junior Race Series, the Tristar One category for nine to 10 year olds.
She won nine of the 10 races she competed in, with successes coming in East Anglian and beyond.
She swims with Thetford Dolphins and also represented the Norfolk County swim team at an inter county gala at Luton.
Meanwhile Thetford Athletics Club were well represented at the Snetterton Half Marathon.
You may also want to watch:
Chilly conditions were ideal for running when many of the club members took to the race track for the half and full marathon.
First male home for Thetford was Jason Elrick with a course pb of 1-31:48 while first female was Louise White, again with a pb, in 1-32:34.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk election 2021: No change in Breckland
- 5 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 6 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 8 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 9 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 10 Town planning for future of theatre and swimming pool at historic convent
Other times: Karl Wright 1-33:09, Natalie King 1-38:31, Richard Crewe 1-40:10, Charlie Stone 1-41:50, Lukasz Ryzinski 1-42:03, Russell Slattery 1-42:22, Richard Dolman 1-42:33, Rachel Greenfield 2-04:58, Clare Slattery 2-07:23, Kayleigh Bailey 2-08:43, Allison West 2-13:33, Shirley Standley 2-13:05, Sarah Pymer 2-13:48, Paul White 2-18:28.
Lauren Goldsmith represented the club in her 91st marathon and completed it in 4-55:49.
Simon Smith had a successful race in the Eton Dorney Sprint Duathlon. In chilly conditions he completed the 5k run, 20k bike, 5k run in 1-08:51 to achieve second place overall.
The 2018/19 Suffolk Cross Country League began at Framlingham with the stunning backdrop of Framlingham Castle. This picturesque course includes racing around the moat and proves a popular venue.
For the juniors, Ewan Peck completed the U15 boys course to finish in 15th place while Tyler Howard was victorious in the U17 boys’ event.
For the seniors, Karl Wright finished in 38th place and Gary Malliband came home in 27th place in the over 45 age group.