Thetford athletes run for BREAK
Five senior Thetford AC members took part in the recent Hunny Bell Cross Country race. The five-mile run on the Stody Estate was held in aid of the charity BREAK.
Results: Tony Cantle, 19th, 37.26; Paul Bingham, 40th, 43.12; Karl Wright, 57th, 47.38; Stacey Owen, 4th, 40.22; Lyn Studman, 13th, 47.37.
Thetford AC’s annual Breckland 10km race will be held on Monday May 7. The rural course, starting and finishing in Croxton village, has great PB potential.
Online entry, further details, and a 12-week training schedule are available now at www.thetford-ac.co.uk/breckland10k.html. A children’s fun run will be held after the start of the main race.
Thetford AC’s adult beginners’ running sessions are held every Monday from 6.30pm to 7.30pm.
, meeting outside Breckland Leisure Centre, and costs just �2 per week. The structured training is suitable for all, even those who have never run a step before. If you’re interested in coming along please contact Gill on 07846 978226 or just turn up at 6:30pm on Mondays.
Thetford AC also provides training sessions in sprints, jumps, throws and indoor circuit training for juniors. For further details please contact Gary on 07734 336826.
- 1 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 2 Council buys disused building to regenerate town's riverfront
- 3 11 pieces of amazing treasure to see in Thetford right now
- 4 Homes with dedicated support for rough sleepers to be built in Thetford
- 5 Meet the TikTok stylist helping people discover their body shapes
- 6 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 7 Driver sustains neck injuries in two-vehicle crash near Thetford
- 8 These are the dog breeds given up most at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 9 Jess Glynne cancels summer show in Thetford Forest
- 10 Rescued Mariah and Carey recovering after A11 crash