Thetford athletes brave ice in Ryston Open cross country event
On Sunday four Thetford AC members braved the ice and snow to compete in the Ryston Open Cross-Country Grand Prix Series.
Race distances varied according to age category and were run through woods at Shouldham Warren.
Two athletes, Kieran Moody and Joe Kirton, achieved personal bests for the distance in the under-11 and under-20 categories respectively.
U9 boys 800m: 5 Adam Moore 3:23
U11 boys 2km: 1 Aiden Try 8:30, 4 Kieran Moody 9:43pb
U20 men 9km: 4 Joe Kirton 32:22pb
- 1 Bank with only 15 in-branch customers to shut down
- 2 Council’s wildlife camera stolen from conservation area
- 3 Thetford pupil Oxford-bound after hat-trick of A* grades
- 4 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 Parish council weighs in on row over 'rollercoaster' racking
- 7 A-levels 2022: All the results from Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 West Norfolk village pub to reopen as bed and breakfast after sale
- 9 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 10 Truss claims UK workers need 'more graft' in leaked statement
Thetford AC’s Tom Mead represented Suffolk at the recent Anglian Schools Cross Country Championships.
This event comprised athletes from five counties – Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire and Northamptonshire.
Tom ran in the U13 category and finished 40th overall and 10th Suffolk boy.
Thetford AC’s annual Breckland 10km will be held on Monday, May 7. The rural course has great PB potential. Online entry and a 12-week training plan are available now at www.thetford-ac.co.uk/breckland10k.html.
Thetford AC’s adult beginners’ running sessions are held every Monday from 6.30-7.30pm, meeting outside Breckland Leisure Centre, and costs just �2 per week.
The structured training is suitable for all, even those who have never run a step before.
If you’re interested ontact Gill on 07846 978226 or just turn up at 6.30pm on Mondays.