Thetford athletes brave ice in Ryston Open cross country event
On Sunday four Thetford AC members braved the ice and snow to compete in the Ryston Open Cross-Country Grand Prix Series.
Race distances varied according to age category and were run through woods at Shouldham Warren.
Two athletes, Kieran Moody and Joe Kirton, achieved personal bests for the distance in the under-11 and under-20 categories respectively.
U9 boys 800m: 5 Adam Moore 3:23
You may also want to watch:
U11 boys 2km: 1 Aiden Try 8:30, 4 Kieran Moody 9:43pb
U20 men 9km: 4 Joe Kirton 32:22pb
- 1 Best bargain ever? Village hall for sale for £35,000
- 2 Family's desperate plea to help find missing wartime medals
- 3 Couple caught at dawn dumping waste in forest
- 4 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 5 Symptom-free Covid testing sites set to open in Thetford
- 6 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 7 Man suffers 15cm cut across face in alleged knife attack over drugs
- 8 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 9 Repeat offender given £600 fine for fly-tipping next to public bin
- 10 'Let air in' - New campaign launched as lockdown measures eased
Thetford AC’s Tom Mead represented Suffolk at the recent Anglian Schools Cross Country Championships.
This event comprised athletes from five counties – Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire and Northamptonshire.
Tom ran in the U13 category and finished 40th overall and 10th Suffolk boy.
Thetford AC’s annual Breckland 10km will be held on Monday, May 7. The rural course has great PB potential. Online entry and a 12-week training plan are available now at www.thetford-ac.co.uk/breckland10k.html.
Thetford AC’s adult beginners’ running sessions are held every Monday from 6.30-7.30pm, meeting outside Breckland Leisure Centre, and costs just �2 per week.
The structured training is suitable for all, even those who have never run a step before.
If you’re interested ontact Gill on 07846 978226 or just turn up at 6.30pm on Mondays.