Thetford and Swaffham have a weekend to forget in Norfolk Alliance
- Credit: Archant
Thetford and Swaffham both suffered disappointing defeats in the Norfolk Alliance on Saturday.
Playing host to leaders Diss in Division One, Thetford did well to bowl them out for just 163 but were then skittled out themselves for just 77.
Swaffham’s bowlers had a tough afternoon at Barton Turf in Division Two as Ashmanhaugh and Barton Wanderers piled up 256-4, with openers Jordan Everett (104) and Ali Ponder (102) both reaching three figures.
In reply Swaffham could only reach 166, Tom Puckey top scoring with 58.
Thetford visit Bradfield this Saturday in a mid-table battle while Swaffham are at home to promotion chasing Hethersett and Tas Valley.
Thetford Town A (164-9) lost at Denver (166-4) by six wickets in Division Six.
Thetford batted first on an unpredictable wicket and lost four of their top six for ducks to slide to 10-5.
- 1 Bank with only 15 in-branch customers to shut down
- 2 Council’s wildlife camera stolen from conservation area
- 3 Thetford pupil Oxford-bound after hat-trick of A* grades
- 4 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 Parish council weighs in on row over 'rollercoaster' racking
- 7 A-levels 2022: All the results from Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 West Norfolk village pub to reopen as bed and breakfast after sale
- 9 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 10 How a new Norfolk forest helped heal the nation's timber industry
Following two rain delays and the pitch becoming more playable, the middle order and tail dug in and did well to get the team to 164 off their 45 overs. Darren Greyson (43), Jason Plumpton (30), Aaron Peek (28 not out) and Gavin Siriwardena (19) all played their part.
It was to prove too small a total to defend however, especially after three dropped catches in the first 10 overs. Denver made the most their reprieves, running down the total in the 29th over for the loss of just four wickets.
Thetford A host Diss A on Saturday.