Thetford and Diss share points
Thetford Town 1, Diss Town 1Thetford led at half time but Diss equalised in the second half with a first goal of the season from Simon Jackson.Mark Bowden had a superb game in goal for Thetford and made his first save when he denied Andy Moody in the third minute.
Thetford Town have got a tough run-in to the end of the Ridgeons Division One season.
They failed to take advantage of a good chance to take points at Saffron Walden, losing 2-1 on Saturday with their goal coming from a Matt Dixon penalty.
Manager Mark Scott said he was “bitterly disappointed as we dominated play. We have got tough games against Clacton away, Gorleston away then Halstead at home so were looking to get something out of yesterday.”
In an earlier game, Thetford drew 1-1 with fourth-placed Diss Town.
You may also want to watch:
Thetford 1, Diss 1
Thetford led at half-time but Diss equalised in the second half with a first goal of the season from Simon Jackson.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 3 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 4 Drugs most often seized by Norfolk police revealed
- 5 US servicemen commemorate death of RAF Lakenheath pilot in crash tragedy
- 6 Six figure commitment agreed to pursue Suffolk bus improvement strategy
- 7 Care home creates mini golf course in its garden
- 8 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 9 School praised for 'effective action' to address serious failings
- 10 Should Covid jabs be made mandatory for care home workers?
Mark Bowden had a superb game in goal for Thetford and made his first save when he denied Andy Moody in the third minute.
Matt Dixon scored from close range in the 38th minute against his
former team to give Thetford a 1-0 half-time lead.
Early in the second half Luke Catchpole, for the Tangerines, had a shot blocked and the follow-up shot from Mark Shadrack struck team mate Steve Wright close to goal and came back out.
Simon Mann had a chance to increase the lead before Bowden saved well from George Watts-Sturrock.
Bowden blocked a shot from Xavier Huckle with his foot in the 81st minute.
The ball flew out for a corner which produced the equaliser. Simon Jackson out-jumped everyone to power home his header.
Huckle was off target with one effort and drew a great save from Bowden with another as Diss looked to take all three points.
The final save of the game saw Matty Webster deny Dixon a winning goal.