Thetford all set for derby
There's a Ridgeons Division One derby showdown on Saturday between Swaffham and visitors Thetford (3pm). The reverse fixture ended up as a 1-1 draw and both will want to bounce back from defeats last weekend.
There's a Ridgeons Division One derby showdown on Saturday between Swaffham and visitors Thetford (3pm).
The reverse fixture ended up as a 1-1 draw and both will want to bounce back from defeats last weekend.
Thetford lost to visitors Team Bury 1-0 while Swaffham were beaten 8-0 by hosts Yarmouth.
Thetford are 11th in the table while Swaffham are just two places below with three points fewer.
You may also want to watch:
Thetford then turn their attention to hosting Ipswich Wanderers on Tuesday, 7.45pm.
Thetford 0, Team Bury 1
- 1 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 2 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 3 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 4 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 5 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 6 Training at RAF base given positive rating by Ofsted
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 9 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 10 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
A good crowd turned out for this local derby between Thetford Town and Bury.
Haynes had an early chance for Town, with Bury responding with an early corner. Town should have taken the lead on 13 minutes when a Mann effort was deflected wide by Dixon.
The game went from end to end, with Bury having a chance on 34 minutes, bringing out a good save from Bowden.
Town had the ball in the back of the net on 37 minutes, but Scott was adjudged to have handled the ball.
Bury had a great chance on 43 minutes when a forward shot over the bar from close range, but Town had the last chance of the half with at Dixon effort just wide. The first half finished goalless.
The second half saw Bruno have an effort just wide, and the game then began see-saw, with no real chances for either side. Jones did come close on 60 minutes, and then Bury had a spell of pressure. Haynes had a free-kick just over.
But the only goal of the game came on 65 minutes, when a cross was not cleared and it fell to a Bury forward at the far post to stroke home.
Bowden then saved again, before Town's best effort just before the final whistle, when a Scott attempt hit the inside of a post to canon to the other post and out, which summed up Town's day.
Thetford Reserves lost 3-2 at Leiston, with James Dean and Shaun Bowden the scorers for Town. This Saturday the reserves entertain Dereham, 3pm.
The U18s had a great result at Framlingham, winning 8-3.