Thetford all set for derby
There's a Ridgeons Division One derby showdown on Saturday between Swaffham and visitors Thetford (3pm). The reverse fixture ended up as a 1-1 draw and both will want to bounce back from defeats last weekend.
There's a Ridgeons Division One derby showdown on Saturday between Swaffham and visitors Thetford (3pm).
The reverse fixture ended up as a 1-1 draw and both will want to bounce back from defeats last weekend.
Thetford lost to visitors Team Bury 1-0 while Swaffham were beaten 8-0 by hosts Yarmouth.
Thetford are 11th in the table while Swaffham are just two places below with three points fewer.
You may also want to watch:
Thetford then turn their attention to hosting Ipswich Wanderers on Tuesday, 7.45pm.
Thetford 0, Team Bury 1
- 1 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 2 Pub safety fears disrupt town museum reopening
- 3 Suffolk adhering to lockdown three restrictions as much as first lockdown, data shows
- 4 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 5 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
- 8 Care home residents get taste of skydiving and rollercoasters
- 9 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 10 Police amazed no one hurt after tree falls on Fiat 500
A good crowd turned out for this local derby between Thetford Town and Bury.
Haynes had an early chance for Town, with Bury responding with an early corner. Town should have taken the lead on 13 minutes when a Mann effort was deflected wide by Dixon.
The game went from end to end, with Bury having a chance on 34 minutes, bringing out a good save from Bowden.
Town had the ball in the back of the net on 37 minutes, but Scott was adjudged to have handled the ball.
Bury had a great chance on 43 minutes when a forward shot over the bar from close range, but Town had the last chance of the half with at Dixon effort just wide. The first half finished goalless.
The second half saw Bruno have an effort just wide, and the game then began see-saw, with no real chances for either side. Jones did come close on 60 minutes, and then Bury had a spell of pressure. Haynes had a free-kick just over.
But the only goal of the game came on 65 minutes, when a cross was not cleared and it fell to a Bury forward at the far post to stroke home.
Bowden then saved again, before Town's best effort just before the final whistle, when a Scott attempt hit the inside of a post to canon to the other post and out, which summed up Town's day.
Thetford Reserves lost 3-2 at Leiston, with James Dean and Shaun Bowden the scorers for Town. This Saturday the reserves entertain Dereham, 3pm.
The U18s had a great result at Framlingham, winning 8-3.