Thetford all set for derby
THETFORD Town have a derby encounter with visitors Swaffham Town in a revised Ridgeons Division One fixture (kick-off 3pm) on Saturday.Long Melford 1, Thetford Town 1THETFORD Town travelled to Long Melford who were still looking for their first league win and in the opening 15 minutes they put Town under pressure and could have taken the lead but for some last-gasp defending.
THETFORD Town have a derby encounter with visitors Swaffham Town in a revised Ridgeons Division One fixture (kick-off 3pm) on Saturday.
Long Melford 1, Thetford Town 1
THETFORD Town travelled to Long Melford who were still looking for their first league win and in the opening 15 minutes they put Town under pressure and could have taken the lead but for some last-gasp defending.
Town's best effort came on 20 minutes with a break from Dixon but his cross was cleared. Melford took the lead on 27 minutes when from a corner the ball was headed back across goal for the Melford forward to react first and score from close range.
You may also want to watch:
Clayton had a chance for Town but his shot ended up too high.
On 42 minutes a great double save from Bowden kept Town in the game and on half-time Dixon had a diving header just wide. At half-time it was 1-0.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Brandon bungalow blaze thought to be started by faulty boiler
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 7 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 8 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 9 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 10 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
Town came out more determined in the second half and Joseph and Old had early opportunities.
Town started to up the tempo, but Melford had a chance on 61 minutes then Town started to apply more pressure and with the introduction of Davies on 70 minutes Town started to create chances.
Town equalised on 77 minutes when good work from Davies saw his cross headed home by Dixon.
The game went from end to end with Melford nearly stealing the points on 88 minutes but for a great save from Bowden.
Town had a last chance through Davies but the referee blew for full time. Final score 1-1.
Thetford Reserves lost 2-1 to Needham Market. This Saturday they visit Gorleston in the Chell Trophy, ko 3pm.