Thetford all set for derby
THETFORD Town have a derby encounter with visitors Swaffham Town in a revised Ridgeons Division One fixture (kick-off 3pm) on Saturday.Long Melford 1, Thetford Town 1THETFORD Town travelled to Long Melford who were still looking for their first league win and in the opening 15 minutes they put Town under pressure and could have taken the lead but for some last-gasp defending.
THETFORD Town have a derby encounter with visitors Swaffham Town in a revised Ridgeons Division One fixture (kick-off 3pm) on Saturday.
Long Melford 1, Thetford Town 1
THETFORD Town travelled to Long Melford who were still looking for their first league win and in the opening 15 minutes they put Town under pressure and could have taken the lead but for some last-gasp defending.
Town's best effort came on 20 minutes with a break from Dixon but his cross was cleared. Melford took the lead on 27 minutes when from a corner the ball was headed back across goal for the Melford forward to react first and score from close range.
You may also want to watch:
Clayton had a chance for Town but his shot ended up too high.
On 42 minutes a great double save from Bowden kept Town in the game and on half-time Dixon had a diving header just wide. At half-time it was 1-0.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 3 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 4 Drugs most often seized by Norfolk police revealed
- 5 US servicemen commemorate death of RAF Lakenheath pilot in crash tragedy
- 6 Six figure commitment agreed to pursue Suffolk bus improvement strategy
- 7 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 8 Care home creates mini golf course in its garden
- 9 School praised for 'effective action' to address serious failings
- 10 Build of new school building could see more places for SEND children
Town came out more determined in the second half and Joseph and Old had early opportunities.
Town started to up the tempo, but Melford had a chance on 61 minutes then Town started to apply more pressure and with the introduction of Davies on 70 minutes Town started to create chances.
Town equalised on 77 minutes when good work from Davies saw his cross headed home by Dixon.
The game went from end to end with Melford nearly stealing the points on 88 minutes but for a great save from Bowden.
Town had a last chance through Davies but the referee blew for full time. Final score 1-1.
Thetford Reserves lost 2-1 to Needham Market. This Saturday they visit Gorleston in the Chell Trophy, ko 3pm.