Thetford aim to leapfrog
Thetford Town are at home to Saffron Walden Town, who are one position above them in the Ridgeons Division One table, this weekend (kick-off 3pm).Thetford travelled to FC Clacton and in an even opening 10 minutes, the game went from end to end.
Thetford Town are at home to Saffron Walden Town, who are one position above them in the Ridgeons Division One table, this weekend (kick-off 3pm).
Thetford travelled to FC Clacton and in an even opening 10 minutes, the game went from end to end.
Then Clacton applied some pressure to the Town defence, but they coped well and hit Clacton on the counter, with a Mann effort saved on 15 minutes.
Town took the lead on 20 minutes when Mann found Haynes, who cut in from the left with a shot which was parried by the keeper and followed up by Bryant, who hit it into the roof of the net.
You may also want to watch:
Town had their fair share of the play, but Clacton had a succession of corners and
free-kicks, which resulted in them equalising on 39 minutes, when the ball was not cleared and ended up in the net. Town then held firm until half-time.
- 1 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 2 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 5 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 8 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 9 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
Town conceded an early goal in the 50th minute when once again failure to clear the ball was costly.
However, Town still took the game to Clacton and Mann should have done better from a Crawshaw cross on 60 minutes.
Town were now looking for an equaliser and Devlin had an effort just wide, and then good work by Mann saw his effort cleared off the line on 75 minutes, but Clacton held on to take the match 2-1.
Thetford Reserves went out of the Norfolk Junior Cup, losing 4-3 in extra time to King's Lynn A. This Saturday they travel to Whitton United, 3pm kick-off.