Thetford aim for net profit
Thetford Town entertain Halstead Town on Saturday, 3pm, hoping to hit the net after their last game ended goal-less.
Godmanchester 0, Thetford Town 0
THETFORD Town travelled to Godmanchester and in windy conditions applied the early pressure with some good passing but with the strong wind on their backs the final ball seemed to be over hit.
Fancett in the Town goal saved well on 13 minutes but Mann and Blake troubled the home defence. Godmanchester had a free kick on 27 minutes but was saved by Fancett.
Skipp then went close on 30 minutes and Mann had a good chance on 40 minutes but the move of the first half saw an effort from Skipp just over before the break.
You may also want to watch:
Town now facing the wind had an early fright but Fancett saved well to deny the home forward. Town replied with Mann going close.
Good work from Mann saw his pass to Skipp, whose cross evaded everyone in front of goal. Godmanchester playing the long ball caught Town a couple of times but they could not finish. Blake then had a free-kick hit the top of the bar. The game went from end to end and Blake could have scored twice in as many minutes but his shot was well saved by the home keeper on both occasions.
- 1 Best bargain ever? Village hall for sale for £35,000
- 2 Family's desperate plea to help find missing wartime medals
- 3 Couple caught at dawn dumping waste in forest
- 4 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 5 Symptom-free Covid testing sites set to open in Thetford
- 6 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 7 Man suffers 15cm cut across face in alleged knife attack over drugs
- 8 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 9 Repeat offender given £600 fine for fly-tipping next to public bin
- 10 'Let air in' - New campaign launched as lockdown measures eased
Town then conceded some free kicks and corners towards the end of the game but Town could have stolen the points at the death when Skipp, with time, hurried his shot which was saved by the keeper.
Team: Fancett, Joseph, Howard, Carter, Bailey, Jones (Tavares), Bolton, Clayton, Skipp, Blake, Mann.