Thetford AC veteran Charlotte picks up regional triathlon award
- Credit: Archant
Thetford Athletic Club’s Charlotte Smith was among the award winners at Triathlon England’s East Region annual meeting at Stansted, London in Essex.
The meeting saw individual East Region awards presented to the respective winners in all the different age categories.
Charlotte was awarded first prize in the veteran women category, with the trophy being presented by Jonathan Davies, who is the chief technical official and is often preset at the races in the region.
Overall the club came 25th out of 54, achieving some great results both for the club and individually.
Simon Smith came eighth in the veteran men category, withe Steve Dickens coming a respectable 106th, and Karl Wright was 22nd in the senior men category.
The club has had a great first year of triathlons and duathlons within the region and is looking forward to next season.
Anyone who wishes to find out more about the club should visit the club’s website www.thetford-ac.co.uk.
- 1 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 2 New homes plan for former coal yard
- 3 'He's done it again!': Bowler's delight after going viral for a second time
- 4 New Latin American restaurant opening at Center Parcs in Elveden
- 5 Man charged with burglaries, dangerous driving and assault
- 6 Breckland builder dumped toilet cisterns and bathroom items in front garden
- 7 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 8 Delays in west Suffolk town after faulty barrier at railway crossing
- 9 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 10 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
Meanwhile three Thetford AC athletes took part in the Trowse 10k race hosted by City of Norwich Athletic Club on the southern outskirts of Norwich.
The two-lap course took runners along quiet roads through the heart of Trowse and close to Whitlingham Hall and is good value for money, with beautiful scenery and great viewing opportunities for supporters and spectators.
Representing Thetford AC were Richard Crew, Jason Elrick and Kayleigh Bailey.
First home for Thetford was Richard in a time of 43.04 shortly followed by Jason in 44.24 and Kayleigh in 54.00. Martial Arts: Four times a year, students within the 14 Mark Farnham Schools of Tae Kwon-Do have the opportunity to take part in Colour Belt Grading examinations.
These gradings are conducted by 8th Dan Tae Kwon-Do Masters from around the country, who each have over 40 years Tae Kwon-Do experience.
To take part in a grading a student needs to have worked for an allotted time and be up to a good standard for the grade they are taking.
Swaffham results: Euan Blake 8th Kup, Samuel Bowers 9th Kup.
Anyone interested in learning a Martial Arts and Tae Kwon-Do can contact Mark Farnham on 07771 644460 or 01553 841880 or visit www.mftkd.co.uk