Teenagers take on vets
Thetford Independents U15 took on a team of club managers and committee members in a festive game of football on a partially snow-covered pitch.The teenage Indies soon had the game under control and Ryan Skipp was put through to open the scoring.
Thetford Independents U15 took on a team of club managers and committee members in a festive game of football on a partially snow-covered pitch.
The teenage Indies soon had the game under control and Ryan Skipp was put through to open the scoring. The Vets tried to respond, but after a defensive error the younger team punished them with a second by Jack Richardson.
After 10 minutes of some great football the Vets were rewarded with their first goal by Darrin Heathershaw from 25 yards out into the top-right corner.
As the Vets continued their attack they were soon awarded a penalty which was confidently struck into the back of the net by Craig Baulch. The Vets gained control of the game and soon goals followed by Craig Baulch and Darren Kirk.
You may also want to watch:
The second half started how the first half finished. The Vets had five chances at goal before Kirk slotted in his second. The Young Indies stepped up their game with Skipp sneaking in his second. The Vets put the pressure on to gain a sixth goal by Harvey Walters. The teenagers responded with Jim Walters netting. Then Vets' Paul West headed the ball into his own net. Skipp rewarded the young team with a perfect equaliser. With seconds to go the teenage Indies team produced the first recorded win against the Vets with Skipp planting the ball into the bottom left-hand corner for a 7-6 win. A great, entertaining game -thanks to both teams.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 4 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 5 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 6 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 7 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 8 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 9 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 10 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence