Team Velovelocity riders lead way in CC Breckland’s New Year’s Day 10-mile time trial
- Credit: Fergus Muir
Team Velovelocity and Cycling Club Breckland had a good start to the new year in CC Breckland’s New Year’s Day 10-mile time trial.
Velocity’s Paul Jay took the win with a time of 21 minutes and 35 seconds, with team-mate Andrew Leggett taking second spot in 21.48, just three seconds ahead of VC Baracchi rider Liam Gentry.
Velocity took the team win with Jay and Leggett’s ride backed up by Geoff Frost’s ride of 22.53. Frost also took the prize for fastest rider on fixed wheel.
VC Baracchi challenged for the team prize with Gentry’s ride supported by strong rides from Mark Richards (22.15) and Paul Dennington (22.18).
Breckland riders rode well with Alex Bailey finishing in fifth place with a time of 22.11, Harvey Hall 14th with 23.20. Chris Nudds won fastest veteran on standard with a time of 23.59.
You may also want to watch:
An off-form Declan Davis finished in 24.57, Simon Atherton 26.34 and Nick Parravani in 26.58.
CC Breckland’s next open time trial event is on March 5 at Scoulton and its summer club time trial series starts on March 30, also at Scoulton.
- 1 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 2 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 3 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 4 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 Augmented reality Gruffalo trail launches in forest
- 7 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 8 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
Full details are to be found at www.ccbreckland.info