Swifts end Morley’s unbeaten record
Crown Fire Central and South Norfolk League Division One leaders, Morley Village, lost their 100pc record in a 4-0 home defeat at the hands of Castle Acre Swifts.
As a result, Castle Acre move up one place to fourth. Tacolneston beat Bridgham Utd 8-2 at home and are now up to second place. In the other match, Gressenhall beat bottom team Narborough 5-0.
The other first Division teams were engaged in the second Round of the Junior League Cup. Dereham Town A beat North Elmham by the odd goal of three while Thetford Rovers Res won 3-2 at Northwold S&SC. Rockland Utd beat Shipdham by the only goal of the game and Yaxham ran out 4-0 winners against Swaffham Town A.
Division Two leaders Rampant Horse were held to a 3-3 home draw by Hethersett Athletic while West End maintained their 100% record with a thumping 9-0 win at bottom team Saham Toney Res. Mulbarton Wanderers Res remain in fourth place after beating Tugas Utd 4-2 and Nostro won 4-0 at Bawdeswell.
The Division Three leaders Watton Utd A were beaten by the odd goal of seven at Litcham while second placed Attleborough Athletic went down to a 5-0 defeat at Colkirk, a result which lifts the home team to third place. Splitz Utd beat Weeting 3-0 and are up to fourth while Stoke Ferry ran out 6v2 home winners over Methwold Utd to take over fifth place. Marham Wanderers were 4-0 home winners over Rockland Utd Res. The other two matches ended as draws - North Elmham Res and Great Cressingham shared six goals while Wendling and Hingham Athletic Res drew 2-2.
You may also want to watch:
The top two in Division Four met and the leaders Mulbarton Wanderers A came out on top, winning 6-3 at Walsingham Utd. Yaxham Res won 6-1 at Shipdham Res and move up to third spot. Castle Acre Swifts Res ran out 8-4 home winners over Gressenhall Res while Feltwell Utd Res scored 11 without reply from bottom team Methwold Utd Res, a result which leaves Methwold with the unenviable record of being the first team in the League to concede a century of goals this season. The other two matches were much closer - Tacolneston Res won by the odd goal of three at Dereham Cockers Utd while Nostro Res were 3-2 home winners over Beetley Utd.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Brandon bungalow blaze thought to be started by faulty boiler
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 5 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 8 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 9 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 10 US Air Force issues warning over increased flying this week