Swan soars to second for Thetford AC in Ryston Runners Grand Prix
- Credit: Submitted
Thetford Athletics Club’s junior and senior athletes were in action at the latest round of cross country races that form part of the Ryston Runners Grand Prix through the forest at Shouldham Thorpe.
The under-nine boys kicked off the event with Thetford’s Ewan Peck finishing in 14th place with a time of 3.37mins with Ben Peck in 15th with a time of 3.42.
Pippa-Rainbow Swan was Thetford’s sole competitor in the U9 girls event and completed the course in a time of 5.03 for 28th position.
Cameron Try led the way for the Thetford athletes in the U11 boys, finishing eighth with his fastest time of the season of 9.57mins. James Peck was in 12th spot with a time of 10.07.
There was an eighth-place finish for Abigail Clouston in the U11 girls race with a time of 10.07.
There was a lofty fourth-place finish for Ben Garrod in the U13 boys, in a time of 12.00min.
Thetford were well represented in the U15 boys category with a second-place finish for Harley Swan in a time of 10.52. Charlie Stone finished in fourth in a time of 11.09 with Kieran Moody one place further back in fifth with a time of 11.35.
- 1 Part of A134 closed after crash between lorry and car
- 2 Woman breaks down in tears as she denies making up sex assaults
- 3 Forest ride in memory of 'lively character' and popular mountain biker
- 4 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 5 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 6 Huge farm network is helping rare Brecks wildlife in field margins
- 7 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 New rules introduced today in bid to stop Omicron spread
- 10 Decision delayed on changes at South Norfolk equestrian centre
Senior athlete, Simon Smith, finished third in the V40 category with a time of 34.43min.
There was a fifth-place finish for Sam Wing in the senior ladies race, crossing the line in 45.19.
Charlotte Smith took the honours in the V35 Ladies race, winning the event in a time of 40.11. Tina Plumley took second spot in the V40 category with a time of 41.53.
Athletes from Thetford AC represented their county school’s teams in the Anglian Schools Cross Country Championships.
The event took place at Royal Hospital School near Ipswich with places in the English Schools Cross Country Championships up for grabs.
Harley Swan was the highest placed Thetford athlete within the Norfolk team, finishing seventh and as the second Norfolk athlete home, in a time of 13.18min. Aiden Try finished 28th in 14.03 and was the eighth Norfolk athlete to finish with both hopeful of making the Norfolk U15 squad for the nationals.