Swan soars to second for Thetford AC in Ryston Runners Grand Prix
- Credit: Submitted
Thetford Athletics Club’s junior and senior athletes were in action at the latest round of cross country races that form part of the Ryston Runners Grand Prix through the forest at Shouldham Thorpe.
The under-nine boys kicked off the event with Thetford’s Ewan Peck finishing in 14th place with a time of 3.37mins with Ben Peck in 15th with a time of 3.42.
Pippa-Rainbow Swan was Thetford’s sole competitor in the U9 girls event and completed the course in a time of 5.03 for 28th position.
Cameron Try led the way for the Thetford athletes in the U11 boys, finishing eighth with his fastest time of the season of 9.57mins. James Peck was in 12th spot with a time of 10.07.
There was an eighth-place finish for Abigail Clouston in the U11 girls race with a time of 10.07.
You may also want to watch:
There was a lofty fourth-place finish for Ben Garrod in the U13 boys, in a time of 12.00min.
Thetford were well represented in the U15 boys category with a second-place finish for Harley Swan in a time of 10.52. Charlie Stone finished in fourth in a time of 11.09 with Kieran Moody one place further back in fifth with a time of 11.35.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 3 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 4 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 7 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Town planning for future of theatre and swimming pool at historic convent
Senior athlete, Simon Smith, finished third in the V40 category with a time of 34.43min.
There was a fifth-place finish for Sam Wing in the senior ladies race, crossing the line in 45.19.
Charlotte Smith took the honours in the V35 Ladies race, winning the event in a time of 40.11. Tina Plumley took second spot in the V40 category with a time of 41.53.
Athletes from Thetford AC represented their county school’s teams in the Anglian Schools Cross Country Championships.
The event took place at Royal Hospital School near Ipswich with places in the English Schools Cross Country Championships up for grabs.
Harley Swan was the highest placed Thetford athlete within the Norfolk team, finishing seventh and as the second Norfolk athlete home, in a time of 13.18min. Aiden Try finished 28th in 14.03 and was the eighth Norfolk athlete to finish with both hopeful of making the Norfolk U15 squad for the nationals.