Swaffham up for cup
Swaffham Town Reserves are playing in the Norfolk Junior Cup final at Carrow Road against Horsford United on Monday, kick-off 7.30pm. Tickets can be purchased on the night at the turnstiles, £6 for adults and £3 for children (under 16).
Swaffham Town Reserves are playing in the Norfolk Junior Cup final at Carrow Road against Horsford United on Monday, kick-off 7.30pm.
Tickets can be purchased on the night at the turnstiles, £6 for adults and £3 for children (under 16).
Swaffham Town FC president, Nicky George has been arranging coach transport from the town. Contact him at the Greyhound Inn for details/costs and to reserve a seat.
Swaffham first team and A team away fixtures were both casualties to the weather this weekend.
You may also want to watch:
The Reserves hosted Oulton Broad & Notleys on the Myer's playing field.
Conditions were heavy underfoot, with intermittent rain/snow showers and a bitter wind blowing down the pitch.
- 1 Training at RAF base given positive rating by Ofsted
- 2 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 3 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 6 WATCH: Norfolk troops train ahead of peacekeeping mission in Mali
- 7 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 8 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 9 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 10 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
The Pedlars started against the wind but did not demonstrate the recent form they have been aspiring to.
A first-half penalty miss did not help matters with the score 4-2 to the visitors at half time.
Things did not improve in the second half for Town, with the wind lulling and a second Swaffham miss from the spot! The final score was a crashing 7-3 to Oulton Broad.
A disappointing performance by Swaffham which did see Stephen Aspery, Lee Frost and Keith Polski all net and bringing Keith's seasons tally to 17.
It is hoped this will act as a wake-up call in preparation for Monday's Norfolk Junior Cup.
This Saturday, the first team host Woodbridge Town, the Reserves are away to Mattishall Reserves (2.30pm) and the A team are at home to Toftwood United.
Swaffham Town Vets are away to Cringleford this Sunday, 2.30pm kick-off. The team is to meet 12.30pm at the club.