Important wins for Swaffham Town and Thetford Town
- Credit: Archant
Swaffham Town made progress in the FA Vase before picking up a useful point on the road in their latest Thurlow Nunn League Division One fixture.
The Pedlars saw off Framlingham Town 2-1 in a Vase replay in midweek to earn a place in the first round proper of the natioanl competition.
The visitors took the lead in the 33rd minute, with Swaffham getting back on level terms just after the break. A Nick Castellan free-kick to the back post found Joe Jackson who headed across goal into the top right hand corner.
The winner came a minute into added time, the keeper fumbling the ball and Alex Vincent being on hand to thump home.
The Pedlars now travel to Haverhill Borough on Saturday, October 13.
On Saturday the Pedlars returned to league action and picked up a well earned 1-1 draw at Diss Town.
The home side took the lead with a fortunate blocked clearance that found its way into the back of the net.
- 1 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 4 Man charged after robbing bookmakers with a knife in Suffolk town
- 5 Man caught drink driving over three times the legal limit in Suffolk town
- 6 Former military man appointed as council's new chairman
- 7 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Police stop 85 vehicles in one day amid safety crackdown
- 10 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
Cameron Lee equalised on the stroke of half-time when another Castellan free-kick was poorly headed clear, hitting through the ball across goal into the right hand corner.
Swaffham were the better team in the second half but the elusive winner never arrived. It was a good away performance bearing in mind the number of players out or unavailable.
On Saturday AFC Sudbury Reserves are the visitors to the Lane.
Swaffham Town Reserves beat Acle United Reserves 6-1 in their latest Anglian Combination fixture with two goals apiece for Danny Nichols, Liam Forshaw and Korben Willis. On Saturday they are away to Hemsby.
The Under-18s picked up three points at Fakenham Town, Thomas Wagg notching up another two goals. The young Pedlars travel to Mulbarton Wanderers this coming Thursday.
The Veterans started their campaign and were unfortunate to not come away with anything in their 1-0 defeat to Necton.
Thetford Town put four successive defeats, all of them comprehensive ones, behind them last Friday evening when they won 2-1 at Ely City.
Jon Carver and Volta Rocha got the goals that lifted Town up to 10th in the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division table ahead of Saturday’s home match against Hadleigh United (3pm).