Swaffham slip to comprehensive defeat against North Walsham Raiders
- Credit: Archant
Swaffham were well beaten by North Walsham Raiders in their latest Eastern Counties One North fixture.
A 41-9 win for the hosts at Scottow propelled them back to second ahead of Diss Saracens who could only draw 15-15 against Norwich Medics.
The Raiders’ points came from tries by Will Haynes (2), Henry Hunt, Lee Thomson, Ted Morgan and Will Minchin with Morgan adding two penalties and Minchin kicking a penalty and a conversion.
Swaffham’s points all came from the boot of Ed Jones.
Swaffham, who remain two points clear of the bottom two, are at home to Norwich Medics on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Thetford dropped to fourth in London Eastern Counties Three at the weekend when they were held to a 19-19 draw by lowly Crusaders at Little Melton.
They have another tough game on Saturday when they entertain leaders Southwold, who have won seven of their eight games so far.
- 1 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 2 'Beers, big TVS and men's mental health': New barbershop to open in town
- 3 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 4 Teen to mark first ever flight - by jumping out of the plane for charity
- 5 New £39million hub officially opens to the public
- 6 Hotel owner providing free lunches for those in need
- 7 Norfolk nursery nominated for national award
- 8 Part of A11 closed due to crash involving motorbike
- 9 Teen stabbed in Thetford
- 10 A11 reopens after pigs escaped onto road