Swaffham kickboxing success
Swaffham Kickboxing Club hosted an invitation sparring competition at Swaffham Leisure Centre on Sunday.
All who competed showed an absolute outstanding performance of kickboxing skills, control and discipline in the semi-contact three round sparring event.
Swaffham had the pleasure of master Mark Trent founder of Scorpion Kickboxing Academy attending, with 25 strong student fighters and supporters, from novice to advanced black belt degree standard, with fighter age groups from aged six up to 47, to match the Swaffham fighters.
This was a non profit afternoon of kickboxing and with the door fee of �1 all money taken was raised for the Air Ambulance, who Swaffham Leisure Centre support.
Many thanks to all the spectators who came and supported the kick boxers.
You may also want to watch:
Many thanks to manager Paul Bealy who free gifted the main hall to help such an important cause.
Many thanks to all the people concerned to help this event, Peter Parker-Colman instructor, assistant coach, Jonny Mcfarlane, instructors, Gary Smith, Sharon Clarke and Nick Forster, Robert Parker, Carl, Zoe, Andy and Nathan.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 3 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 4 Drugs most often seized by Norfolk police revealed
- 5 US servicemen commemorate death of RAF Lakenheath pilot in crash tragedy
- 6 Six figure commitment agreed to pursue Suffolk bus improvement strategy
- 7 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 8 Care home creates mini golf course in its garden
- 9 School praised for 'effective action' to address serious failings
- 10 Build of new school building could see more places for SEND children
At the end of the show from both clubs, two senior and two junior students were nominated for fighter of the day. From scorpion club, Will Ribbons and Lauren Mitchell. Swaffham, Robbie Syer and Mathew Kemp. All four students received gold engraved trophies.
Swaffham kickboxing will be doing grading exams in March. In April, full contact fighters will be travelling to Suffolk for an evening Fight Night show.
Any one interested in joining this fast popular martial art can contact the leisure centre on 01760 724046.