Swaffham kickboxing success
Swaffham Kickboxing Club hosted an invitation sparring competition at Swaffham Leisure Centre on Sunday.
All who competed showed an absolute outstanding performance of kickboxing skills, control and discipline in the semi-contact three round sparring event.
Swaffham had the pleasure of master Mark Trent founder of Scorpion Kickboxing Academy attending, with 25 strong student fighters and supporters, from novice to advanced black belt degree standard, with fighter age groups from aged six up to 47, to match the Swaffham fighters.
This was a non profit afternoon of kickboxing and with the door fee of �1 all money taken was raised for the Air Ambulance, who Swaffham Leisure Centre support.
Many thanks to all the spectators who came and supported the kick boxers.
Many thanks to manager Paul Bealy who free gifted the main hall to help such an important cause.
Many thanks to all the people concerned to help this event, Peter Parker-Colman instructor, assistant coach, Jonny Mcfarlane, instructors, Gary Smith, Sharon Clarke and Nick Forster, Robert Parker, Carl, Zoe, Andy and Nathan.
- 1 Forest ride in memory of 'lively character' and popular mountain biker
- 2 Woman breaks down in tears as she denies making up sex assaults
- 3 Part of A134 closed after crash between lorry and car
- 4 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 5 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 6 New rules introduced today in bid to stop Omicron spread
- 7 Huge farm network is helping rare Brecks wildlife in field margins
- 8 Decision delayed on changes at South Norfolk equestrian centre
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 'Don’t try and book until the NHS says it is your turn' — PM on booster rollout
At the end of the show from both clubs, two senior and two junior students were nominated for fighter of the day. From scorpion club, Will Ribbons and Lauren Mitchell. Swaffham, Robbie Syer and Mathew Kemp. All four students received gold engraved trophies.
Swaffham kickboxing will be doing grading exams in March. In April, full contact fighters will be travelling to Suffolk for an evening Fight Night show.
Any one interested in joining this fast popular martial art can contact the leisure centre on 01760 724046.