Swaffham flying high
- Credit: Archant
Swaffham are flying high after a great week’s work in the Thurlow Nunn League.
After claiming all three points from their midweek visit to Dereham Town Reserves, where Joe Jackson scored all four in their 4-1 victory, the Pedlars followed up with another big win at the weekend.
They made a shaky start on Saturday, going 1-0 down in the third minute against Leiston Reserves, but pulled it back to deliver a convincing 5-1 win.
Jackson resumed where he left off, equalising in the 11th minute and while further opportunities were limited for each side, it was Swaffham with the most, but failed to capitalise.
The game changed in the 52nd minute when Mikey Thompson thumped the ball home from the edge of the 18-yard area. The visitors’ heads went down and four minutes later Alex Vincent opened his account, picking the ball up outside of the area and shooting past the keeper from 18 yards.
You may also want to watch:
Vincent bagged his brace 10 minutes later, running on to a long through ball, carrying it past a defender and slotting past the keeper from 12 yards. The final punishment was delivered in the 73rd minute, substitute Joe Woods heading home a perfect corner with his first touch of the ball.
On Saturday the Pedlars travel to Halstead Town, never an easy venue to pick up points, and then are at Team Bury the following Tuesday evening.
- 1 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 2 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 5 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 6 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 7 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 8 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor
- 9 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 10 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
There was a change in form for the reserves, who lost 2-1 to South Walsham, Billy Russell getting the goal for the Pedlars.
Swaffham are looking forward to season 2015/2016 and would like to hear from any individual or team wishing to manage/coach an A-team for next season.
Any interested parties are requested to contact secretary, Ray Ewart at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07990 526744.