Sterry good result for Brandon
Brandon Town 3, Sheringham 1BRANDON Town came from behind to defeat Sterry Cup holders Sheringham at Church Road on Saturday.They will want to keep up the momentum ahead of this weekend's Suffolk Senior Cup game at Woodbridge.
Brandon Town 3, Sheringham 1
BRANDON Town came from behind to defeat Sterry Cup holders Sheringham at Church Road on Saturday.
They will want to keep up the momentum ahead of this weekend's Suffolk Senior Cup game at Woodbridge.
Against Sheringham, with both sides somewhat depleted, it was a testament to the character of the home side that they showed greater desire and got their just rewards.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors started strongly, kicking with a fierce wind and Brandon spent long periods in the opening half defending.
The Shannocks took the lead on 16 minutes, a half-cleared corner was returned to the box where an unmarked Tanti had a routine finish.
- 1 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 2 Noise disruption possible as low-flying RAF jets simulate training
- 3 International designer asked to create ambitious vision for Thetford
- 4 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 5 Tips for families with Special Educational Needs children in lockdown
- 6 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 7 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 8 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 9 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 10 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
Town responded well to the setback and drew level 10 minutes later when Waites collected the ball, ran past one defender and from a narrow angle slipped the ball between the keeper's legs.
The second half started well for the visitors but they were denied twice in a sequence of play by the woodwork.
Brandon then began to assert more pressure, helped by the wind and several free-kicks.
They went ahead with 15 minutes left when Leech stole the ball and broke through the defence.
His curling shot rebounded off the post to Williams who made no mistake from close range.
The third was added when Procopio's throw was flicked on by Edwards and Fowler was on hand to poke the ball under a despairing keeper to make the points safe.
A determined performance ahead of this week's county cup fixture at Woodbridge.
Meanwhile, Brandon Reserves won their County Cup tie at Ransomes Sports Reserves, after a 3-3 draw thanks to a Craig Winstone hat-trick, Scott Dyer saved two penalties in the shoot-out.