Star shares movie secrets
Members of Thetford, Watton and Weeting kickboxing clubs had a special treat recently.For they had the chance to meet and train with the number one British-born martial arts movie star Scott Adkins.
Members of Thetford, Watton and Weeting kickboxing clubs had a special treat recently.
For they had the chance to meet and train with the number one British-born martial arts movie star Scott Adkins.
He started his career as a stuntman and regularly appeared in Holby City. Now his status has taken him into the latest Hollywood blockbuster X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
Adkins has also starred alongside martial arts stars such as Jean Claude Van Damme, Jet Li, Jackie Chan and Jason Statham in his career.
You may also want to watch:
At Brandon Leisure Centre Adkins took time out of his busy schedule to spend three hours demonstrating how the movie industry choreographs fight scenes. Camera angles, throws, falls, punches and kicks, were all on the agenda.
Martial artists came from a 70-mile radius came to benefit from his knowledge.
- 1 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 2 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 5 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Wanted man arrested in Dereham
- 8 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 9 Logs spill across A47 after lorry and tractor crash
- 10 Team GB athlete to inspire pupils to get healthy with visit to school
The training was hard, but the atmosphere pulled everyone through and they thoroughly enjoyed it.
At the end of the seminar Adkins presented the plaques to the seven students who passed their black belts in November. He finished the seminar with a Q&A session giving hints and tips on how to get involved in the movie industry. He also commented on the high standard of the martial artists.
For more details on the clubs, contact Steve Bennett on 07759436272. First lesson is free.