Star shares movie secrets
Members of Thetford, Watton and Weeting kickboxing clubs had a special treat recently.For they had the chance to meet and train with the number one British-born martial arts movie star Scott Adkins.
Members of Thetford, Watton and Weeting kickboxing clubs had a special treat recently.
For they had the chance to meet and train with the number one British-born martial arts movie star Scott Adkins.
He started his career as a stuntman and regularly appeared in Holby City. Now his status has taken him into the latest Hollywood blockbuster X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
Adkins has also starred alongside martial arts stars such as Jean Claude Van Damme, Jet Li, Jackie Chan and Jason Statham in his career.
At Brandon Leisure Centre Adkins took time out of his busy schedule to spend three hours demonstrating how the movie industry choreographs fight scenes. Camera angles, throws, falls, punches and kicks, were all on the agenda.
Martial artists came from a 70-mile radius came to benefit from his knowledge.
- 1 Part of A134 closed after crash between lorry and car
- 2 Woman breaks down in tears as she denies making up sex assaults
- 3 Forest ride in memory of 'lively character' and popular mountain biker
- 4 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 5 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 6 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 7 Huge farm network is helping rare Brecks wildlife in field margins
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Decision delayed on changes at South Norfolk equestrian centre
- 10 'Don’t try and book until the NHS says it is your turn' — PM on booster rollout
The training was hard, but the atmosphere pulled everyone through and they thoroughly enjoyed it.
At the end of the seminar Adkins presented the plaques to the seven students who passed their black belts in November. He finished the seminar with a Q&A session giving hints and tips on how to get involved in the movie industry. He also commented on the high standard of the martial artists.
For more details on the clubs, contact Steve Bennett on 07759436272. First lesson is free.