Staniforth bowlers off the mark
Staniforth A team gained their first points of the season with a home win over Dereham.
Scores: Brian Mosby, Eric Melton, Alan Byford, Alistair Stevenson 30-14; Spencer Stevenson, David Peaks, Mike Holbrook, John Wright 24-13; Karel Mikulik, Trevor Bingham, Jim Downie, David Betts 14-21; 68-48 (4-1).
The B team visited Ashill and failed to win on any of the three rinks.
Scores: Terry Novell, Dennis Branch, Derek Leigh, Robert Beattie 15-21; David Catchpole, Melvyn Osborn, Ian Watchman, David Kay 15-16; Bill Boast, Len Robinson, Bill Smith, Malcolm Struthers 7-26; 37-63 (0-5)
The Ladies began with a 59-48 win over Connaught.
Scores: Catherine Branch, Trish Thorpe, Val Gibson 28-6; Dorothy Newbury, Margaret Robinson, Glynis Holbrook 14-21; Anne Melton, Jackie Devitt, Pat Struthers 17-21
In the county four competitions Spencer Stevenson, David Kay, Walter Pattee, John Wright lost 16-30 at Diss.
- 1 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 2 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 3 'He's done it again!': Bowler's delight after going viral for a second time
- 4 Man charged with burglaries, dangerous driving and assault
- 5 Breckland builder dumped toilet cisterns and bathroom items in front garden
- 6 Delays in west Suffolk town after faulty barrier at railway crossing
- 7 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 8 A11 reopens after air ambulance called to crash
- 9 Town centre's new café... with a difference
- 10 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
In the pairs, Karel Mikulik and Len Robinson beat Terry Novell and Robert Beattie 21-19; Brian Mosby and Alan Byford beat Colin Brown and Tony Mark (Diss) 26-10; Walter Pattee and John Wright lost to Gerald Smith and Robert Haddingham (Wortwell) 16-22.