Staniforth bowlers off the mark
Staniforth A team gained their first points of the season with a home win over Dereham.
Scores: Brian Mosby, Eric Melton, Alan Byford, Alistair Stevenson 30-14; Spencer Stevenson, David Peaks, Mike Holbrook, John Wright 24-13; Karel Mikulik, Trevor Bingham, Jim Downie, David Betts 14-21; 68-48 (4-1).
The B team visited Ashill and failed to win on any of the three rinks.
Scores: Terry Novell, Dennis Branch, Derek Leigh, Robert Beattie 15-21; David Catchpole, Melvyn Osborn, Ian Watchman, David Kay 15-16; Bill Boast, Len Robinson, Bill Smith, Malcolm Struthers 7-26; 37-63 (0-5)
The Ladies began with a 59-48 win over Connaught.
Scores: Catherine Branch, Trish Thorpe, Val Gibson 28-6; Dorothy Newbury, Margaret Robinson, Glynis Holbrook 14-21; Anne Melton, Jackie Devitt, Pat Struthers 17-21
In the county four competitions Spencer Stevenson, David Kay, Walter Pattee, John Wright lost 16-30 at Diss.
- 1 Forest ride in memory of 'lively character' and popular mountain biker
- 2 Part of A134 closed after crash between lorry and car
- 3 Woman breaks down in tears as she denies making up sex assaults
- 4 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 5 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 6 Huge farm network is helping rare Brecks wildlife in field margins
- 7 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 8 New rules introduced today in bid to stop Omicron spread
- 9 Decision delayed on changes at South Norfolk equestrian centre
- 10 'Don’t try and book until the NHS says it is your turn' — PM on booster rollout
In the pairs, Karel Mikulik and Len Robinson beat Terry Novell and Robert Beattie 21-19; Brian Mosby and Alan Byford beat Colin Brown and Tony Mark (Diss) 26-10; Walter Pattee and John Wright lost to Gerald Smith and Robert Haddingham (Wortwell) 16-22.