Staniforth bowlers off the mark
Staniforth A team gained their first points of the season with a home win over Dereham.
Scores: Brian Mosby, Eric Melton, Alan Byford, Alistair Stevenson 30-14; Spencer Stevenson, David Peaks, Mike Holbrook, John Wright 24-13; Karel Mikulik, Trevor Bingham, Jim Downie, David Betts 14-21; 68-48 (4-1).
The B team visited Ashill and failed to win on any of the three rinks.
Scores: Terry Novell, Dennis Branch, Derek Leigh, Robert Beattie 15-21; David Catchpole, Melvyn Osborn, Ian Watchman, David Kay 15-16; Bill Boast, Len Robinson, Bill Smith, Malcolm Struthers 7-26; 37-63 (0-5)
The Ladies began with a 59-48 win over Connaught.
You may also want to watch:
Scores: Catherine Branch, Trish Thorpe, Val Gibson 28-6; Dorothy Newbury, Margaret Robinson, Glynis Holbrook 14-21; Anne Melton, Jackie Devitt, Pat Struthers 17-21
In the county four competitions Spencer Stevenson, David Kay, Walter Pattee, John Wright lost 16-30 at Diss.
- 1 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 2 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 3 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 4 'Extensive damage' caused as business centre is flooded
- 5 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 6 Cows cause congestion after wandering into RAF Lakenheath viewing area
- 7 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 8 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 9 Augmented reality Gruffalo trail launches in forest
- 10 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
In the pairs, Karel Mikulik and Len Robinson beat Terry Novell and Robert Beattie 21-19; Brian Mosby and Alan Byford beat Colin Brown and Tony Mark (Diss) 26-10; Walter Pattee and John Wright lost to Gerald Smith and Robert Haddingham (Wortwell) 16-22.