Springing into action
ON Sunday, March 2, 14 runners from Thetford Athletic Club travelled to Wymondham for a spring 10/20 mile road race. Although a bright, sunny morning, a fierce wind made conditions very testing for the runners, who all coped admirably, with some fine running and personal bests.
ON Sunday, March 2, 14 runners from Thetford Athletic Club travelled to Wymondham for a spring 10/20 mile road race.
Although a bright, sunny morning, a fierce wind made conditions very testing for the runners, who all coped admirably, with some fine running and personal bests.
10 miles: Casey Osmonovich 1-03:01, Sandra Bower 1-10:04 (2nd lady overall), Stuart Faust 1-10:12, Brian Wright 1-12:26, Tony Tyler 1-21:45, Cliff Lear 1-25:46, Gill Paremain 1-30:52, Hayley Cocksedge 1-30:52, Rosemary Matlock 1-35:46, Angela McCarthy 1-42:42, Rita Norry 1-43:58.
20 miles: Adam Gretton 2-55:21, Audrey Norbury 3-02:22, Corrina Smith 3-13:40.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in joining Thetford AC senior running group should contact Audrey Norbury on email@example.com or visit our website www.thetford-ac.co.uk.
Thetford AC has its annual 10km road race on Sunday, May 4. For the second time, this year's race will incorporate a junior 5km run within the main race.
- 1 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 2 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 5 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 6 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 7 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 8 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 9 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 10 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor
This exciting new event will be open to U15s and above only and will be sure to attract a large entry of junior runners seeking a personal best on this fast flat course.
There is a strict limit of 350 entries, please ensure you enter early.
There will also be a one mile children's fun run.
For further information and entry forms please visit the Thetford Athletic Club website on www.thetford-ac.co.uk