Springing into action
ON Sunday, March 2, 14 runners from Thetford Athletic Club travelled to Wymondham for a spring 10/20 mile road race. Although a bright, sunny morning, a fierce wind made conditions very testing for the runners, who all coped admirably, with some fine running and personal bests.
ON Sunday, March 2, 14 runners from Thetford Athletic Club travelled to Wymondham for a spring 10/20 mile road race.
Although a bright, sunny morning, a fierce wind made conditions very testing for the runners, who all coped admirably, with some fine running and personal bests.
10 miles: Casey Osmonovich 1-03:01, Sandra Bower 1-10:04 (2nd lady overall), Stuart Faust 1-10:12, Brian Wright 1-12:26, Tony Tyler 1-21:45, Cliff Lear 1-25:46, Gill Paremain 1-30:52, Hayley Cocksedge 1-30:52, Rosemary Matlock 1-35:46, Angela McCarthy 1-42:42, Rita Norry 1-43:58.
20 miles: Adam Gretton 2-55:21, Audrey Norbury 3-02:22, Corrina Smith 3-13:40.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in joining Thetford AC senior running group should contact Audrey Norbury on firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website www.thetford-ac.co.uk.
Thetford AC has its annual 10km road race on Sunday, May 4. For the second time, this year's race will incorporate a junior 5km run within the main race.
- 1 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 2 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 3 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 4 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
- 5 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 6 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 7 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!
- 8 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 9 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 10 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
This exciting new event will be open to U15s and above only and will be sure to attract a large entry of junior runners seeking a personal best on this fast flat course.
There is a strict limit of 350 entries, please ensure you enter early.
There will also be a one mile children's fun run.
For further information and entry forms please visit the Thetford Athletic Club website on www.thetford-ac.co.uk