Sponsor boost for race
THETFORD Athletic Club are delighted to announce a new sponsor for their annual fundraising event, the Breckland 10k race, now in it's 15th year. HR GO Recruitment in Thetford, have generously agreed to support the club's successful and popular event.
THETFORD Athletic Club are delighted to announce a new sponsor for their annual fundraising event, the Breckland 10k race, now in its 15th year.
HR GO Recruitment in Thetford, have generously agreed to support the club's successful and popular event. Race Director Corrina Smith was pleased to accept a cheque on behalf of the club from Simon Wicks from HR GO Recruitment at a club social run around the 10k course (pictured above).
She said: "All of us at the club really appreciate the generosity of HR GO Recruitment in Thetford,
and would particularly like to
thank Simon Wicks for making
- 1 Woman in 60s taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 2 Two people taken to hospital after van rolls over in Lynford crash
- 3 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 4 Tesco supermarket in Brandon reopens after cash machines ram raid
- 5 What the average UK house price can buy you in Norfolk's towns
- 6 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 7 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 Ever fancied being a real life CSI? Now's your chance!
- 10 Noise warning issued due to increased flying over RAF Lakenheath
"Club members are all needed to help run the event on race day so it was great to have a chance for us all to try the course ourselves."
Entries are still open for this year's race on Monday, May 3, which has a limit of 375 entries, at www.
thetford-ac.co.uk by clicking on the Breckland 10k button, or through the Runner's World website.
Last year's event sold out before the closing date and demand is expected to be high again for the
fast course with great potential for personal bests.
The start and finish of the race is at Croxton Village Hall, and the course follows a route through peaceful forestry-lined roads.
Entries will be taken on the day for a one-mile children's fun run which is open to all under-16s and will begin after the start of the main event. A hog roast and refreshments will be available.