Solid start to Danny White’s reign at Thetford Town
- Credit: Ian Burt
Life under Danny White has got off to a solid start at Thetford Town – as a new era begins at Mundford Road.
The former King’s Lynn Town and Wroxham midfielder was announced as the new Brecklanders manager last week.
He picks up the reins from the long-serving Mark Scott, who parted ways with the club earlier this season after a poor start to the campaign.
Club stalwarts Dave Skipp and Ian Fancett were put in interim charge and stabilised the situation despite initially losing their first three games.
Two draws and a win in their last six matches in charge at least saw progress made, before White took charge of Saturday’s 0-0 home draw with Whitton United.
You may also want to watch:
A statement confirming the appointment read: “The chairman and club are pleased to announce that Danny White has agreed terms with the club to take on the role of manager.
“The current interim management team of David Skipp and Ian Fancett will remain with the club in new roles. The chairman has relayed his massive thanks to David and Ian for their combined efforts in keeping the team together, and succeeding in getting the clubs first points of the season.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 3 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 4 Drugs most often seized by Norfolk police revealed
- 5 US servicemen commemorate death of RAF Lakenheath pilot in crash tragedy
- 6 Six figure commitment agreed to pursue Suffolk bus improvement strategy
- 7 Care home creates mini golf course in its garden
- 8 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 9 School praised for 'effective action' to address serious failings
- 10 Should Covid jabs be made mandatory for care home workers?
“The club looks forward to a new era with a new young manager looking to replicate his successful playing career.”
The 32-year-old is well known locally having plied his trade as a midfielder with King’s Lynn, Wroxham, Diss and Norwich United. He also had spells with professional clubs Norwich City, Dagenham & Redbridge and Cambridge United as a youngster.
Saturday brings third-placed Felixstowe & Walton United to Mundford Road, as White continues his attempts to lift his new team away from 19th position in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division.