Snetterton set for season to start
- Credit: Submitted
The 2015 season gets under way at Snetterton this weekend with bike racing action from No Limits.
Nine races on the opening day includes a three-hour endurance race featuring pit stops, rider changes and intriguing battles amongst 30 teams, including one from Fastbikes magazine. Visitors on Sunday can expect to see a further 13 contests across various classes.
No Limits has established a reputation for introducing new riders to motorsport and a new crop of rookies is expected to hit the track this weekend, especially in the Metzelers Newcomers categories, with huge grids forecast by the organisers.
Amongst these will be the Pirelli Super Series, with a ride in the MCE British Superbike Championship-supporting National Superstock Championship up for grabs.
Meanwhile riders Keenan Armstrong and brothers Matthew and Kurt Wigley are all preparing for full seasons on the MCE BSB support package.
You may also want to watch:
Several Norwich-based riders will be in action, including businessman Wayne Barcham in the Metzeler Newcomer 600 Championship, Chris Baker in the Metzeler Newcomer 1000 Championship and James Clarke, competing with Speckled Hen Racing in the endurance event.
Spectators won’t miss any of the action from Snetterton’s panoramic viewing banks, and an open paddock policy encourages visitors to get closer to the action with the opportunity to see the bikes close-up and chat to the riders as they prepare to race.
- 1 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 2 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 3 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 4 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 7 Augmented reality Gruffalo trail launches in forest
- 8 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
Following the No Limits event, the season continues with a wide variety of car and bike events.
On Saturday, April 4, local marque Lotus will be the star of the show with sportscar racing and displays throughout the day and customised classic cars will headline Retro Kings on Sunday, May 31.
Summer at Snetterton will feature several major race meetings with the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, British Touring Car Championship, British GT and BRDC F4 Championships and the British Truck Racing Championship all set to star in Norfolk.
Discounted advance tickets for all 2015 race meetings are now available online and start from £10, with free entry at every event for under-13s. For full details, call 0843 453 9000 or visit www.snetterton.co.uk