Snetterton gets ready for return of British Touring Car Championship
- Credit: Submitted
Snetterton will be the scene of a huge fight this weekend as the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship returns from its summer break.
The opening 15 rounds of the 2015 championship have produced eight different race winners, and just 39 points covers the top six in the standings, with 67 on offer at Snetterton.
The annual Norfolk round has traditionally provided a pointer to how the title battle will evolve, with the teams having spent the summer break improving their cars.
Favourites for victory on the Snetterton 300 circuit, with its combination of long straights and challenging corners, will be the Honda Racing (Civic Type R) and Buntingford-based BMR (VW CC) teams.
Honda’s Gordon Shedden and Matt Neal and BMR’s Jason Plato and Colin Turkington are all former champions, and currently occupy four of the top five places in the overall standings.
You may also want to watch:
Title leader Shedden, champion in 2012, said: “It’s nice to have some points in the bag, but there are no prizes for leading at the halfway stage. We’ll be battling at Snetterton, I think it’s going to be tough out there, but we’ll give it a blast and score as many points as we can.”
The event will also include supporting races from the Ginetta GT Supercup, where King’s Lynn’s Carl Breeze will be looking to extend a 22-point advantage over his rivals on his home circuit. There will also be action from Ginetta Juniors, Porsche Carrera Cup GB and MSA Formula. Younger race fans can enjoy a free children’s adventure playground and bouncy castles and entry to the venue is free to under-13s.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 3 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 4 Drugs most often seized by Norfolk police revealed
- 5 US servicemen commemorate death of RAF Lakenheath pilot in crash tragedy
- 6 School praised for 'effective action' to address serious failings
- 7 Six figure commitment agreed to pursue Suffolk bus improvement strategy
- 8 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 9 Build of new school building could see more places for SEND children
- 10 Care home creates mini golf course in its garden
Tickets for the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship at Snetterton on 8/9 August are available from £26, with free entry for under-13s.
For more information call 0843 453 9000 or visit www.snetterton.co.uk.