Smiles after miles of toil
THERE were plenty of smiling faces at the end of last week's Cycling Club Breckland's 10-mile time trial on the North Tuddenham course.Father and son Paul and Adam Cross both registered personal best times with Paul recording 28 minutes 57 seconds and young Adam steadily whittling his time down to 25:51.
THERE were plenty of smiling faces at the end of last week's Cycling Club Breckland's 10-mile time trial on the North Tuddenham course.
Father and son Paul and Adam Cross both registered personal best times with Paul recording 28 minutes 57 seconds and young Adam steadily whittling his time down to 25:51.
Other happy families were 12-year-old Emily Davis whose 31:11 was her best yet and her 10-year-old brother Declan, stoker on the back of grandfather Don Saunders' tandem, helped to bring their time down to 26:38.
Paul Hoggett was delighted to be the fifth rider to achieve a personal best on the night of 26:39.
You may also want to watch:
Actual fastest was Geoff Bateman, Anglia Veglo in 23:31 while leading the Breckland field was Chris Nudds, just nine seconds slower.
Also riding was Geoff Muller 24:13, Jon Perium 24:42, Ken Price 25:06, Alex Noel-Tod 26:46, Mark Fairhead 27:08 and second-claim Dave Smith (Comrades CC) 30:23.
- 1 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 2 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
- 3 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 4 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 5 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 6 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 7 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 8 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
All will be hoping for fine weather for the club barbeque which will be held at Gravediggers Cottage, Church Street, Carbrooke after the club event at Scoulton tonight.