Skipp caps stunning fightback by Town
Thetford Town 3, Halstead Town 3
Town showed their current excellent spirit by coming back from 3-0 down against Halstead Town.
Town started well with an early Skipp effort but Halstead shocked the home fans by taking the lead after five minutes when the ball was not cleared from defence and a first time effort alluded Bowden in the Town goal.
Town reacted well and Tavares went close twice in as many minutes. Town should have drawn level after some good build up work the ball saw Mann break away but his effort was well saved by the keeper.
Halstead increased their lead on 25 minutes when a cross saw the forward score from close range. Once again Town had a good chance but went just wide of the post.
You may also want to watch:
On Halstead’s third attack on goal they scored a third from a corner. Town were then reduced to 10 men with the dismissal of Tavares, but this spurred Town on and good work by Jones on the left saw his cross headed in by a Halstead defender.
Halstead then had a chance but it was town who scored when a good free kick from Skipp was not held by the keeper and Bailey followed up to score. Town almost drew level just before the break when a Bailey free kick was missed by everybody and went wide.
- 1 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 2 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 3 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 4 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
- 5 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 6 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 7 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!
- 8 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 9 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 10 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
The second saw much like the first with Halstead having an early chance. But Town equalised on 55 minutes when good work from Joseph, saw his pass to Mann who flicked on to Skipp who chipped the keeper and followed up to head his first goal for the club since his return.
The game went from end to end and chances and good defending denied any further score with a good save from Bowden in the closing minutes saw that Town got the point they deserved.
Thetford: Bowden, Joseph, Richards, Carter, Bailey, Jones (O’Donnell), Clayton (Haynes), Skipp, Howard, Tavares, Mann (Fancett).
This Friday Town play in their first senior cup final in 20 years when they play Gorleston at Diss Town (kick-off 7.30pm).