Simone hits Bull-seye
SIMONE Bull put in the performance of her hockey career so far to score eight goals to demolish Lowestoft Railway in a 10-0 win.Thetford Ladies II only had 10 players, but worked hard and played with confidence and skill throughout the game.
SIMONE Bull put in the performance of her hockey career so far to score eight goals to demolish Lowestoft Railway in a 10-0 win.
Thetford Ladies II only had 10 players, but worked hard and played with confidence and skill throughout the game.
Thetford dominated the game from the start and Charlie Harwood soon scored the first goal.
Thetford kept the pressure on and Bull started her attack with two goals in the first half. Railway had chances on goal from penalty corners, which were quickly cleared by the defence.
Riding high at half time, Thetford came back just as strong in the second half and kept the shots on goal coming. With Tracey Newman and Leanne Smith providing accurate and powerful crosses in to the D Simone could add to her total.
With a strong defence of Dee Burris and Alena Sweigart keeping the ball in Railway's half it gave the rest of the team the chance to push up and increase the score.
- 1 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 2 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 3 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 4 Final consultation to be undertaken on future of Thetford Market Place
- 5 Crowdfunder for terminally ill mum to fulfil dream of marrying partner
- 6 Train delays as lorry hits railway bridge
- 7 Concerns raised over plans for holiday cabins at equestrian centre
- 8 Police search for owner of puppy lost near Mildenhall
- 9 New barbershop working to support mental health officially opens
- 10 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
Abby Rolph and Paula Scott were playing well carrying the ball in to the D, and with a silky assist from Smith, Louise Harrison scored to make the total 8-0.
The attack did not stop until the final whistle, and although Railway put in a good show, Bull was unstoppable and finished with eight goals for herself.