Signing-on time at Watton
ON Sunday, July 12 Watton Junior Football Club will be holding its signing-on day in the Gallery Bar at Watton Sports Centre between 12 noon and 3pm. Boys and Girls under the age of 11 and boys over the age of 11 who would like to train/play with Watton Juniors are welcome.
ON Sunday, July 12 Watton Junior Football Club will be holding its signing-on day in the Gallery Bar at Watton Sports Centre between 12 noon and 3pm.
Boys and Girls under the age of 11 and boys over the age of 11 who would like to train/play with Watton Juniors are welcome. New players and managers are particularly needed in the following age groups: U8, U9 and U11.
Signing-on forms are available for download at www.wattonjuniorfootballclub.co.uk for players/parents who would like to bring completed forms with them on the day.
The signing-on day will incorporate a fete-type fun-day to be held on the astroturf at the Sports Centre for players to take part in a series of fun, football related activities.
You may also want to watch:
This will be mostly free with one or two games costing a minimal amount. A barbecue and refreshments will be available all afternoon and the licensed bar will be open for parents while their children enjoy the fun activities outside.
WJ FC looks forward to welcoming players, both old and new on Sunday, July 12 between 12 noon and 3pm.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 4 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 8 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 9 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 10 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
Meanwhile, Watton United FC Veterans will be holding their annual signing-on day on Saturday, July 11 at Watton Sports Centre between 5 and 7pm in the Tom Pettit Annexe, next to the main bar.
Any player over the age of 35 who would like to either extend their playing career or maybe start playing again is welcome to join.
Watton United will he running two veterans teams for the 2009/10 season due to the overwhelming number of players who wanted to play last season.
There is still plenty of room for new players so if you want to join or just want to know what it's all about please feel free to go along on Saturday, July 11.
Watton Veterans play in the Norfolk and Suffolk Veterans Football League, games are played on Sundays - usually every second or third Sunday and home games are held at Watton Sports Centre.