Seventh heaven for Railway
Viv Thomas THETFORD football team Railway Tavern are certainly on the right track already this season.In their first Breckland League game they beat Breckland Spirit 7-2.
THETFORD football team Railway Tavern are certainly on the right track already this season.
In their first Breckland League game they beat Breckland Spirit 7-2.
On Sunday they visit Mischief in the Norfolk Sunday Intermediate Cup.
You may also want to watch:
Tavern won the Breckland League title and cup last season and have high hopes for this season.
Manager Andy Constantinou said: “We won both trophies last year. My hopes for this season are - there are four trophies up for grabs and we want all four and be undefeated! We're not there to make the numbers up.”
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 4 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 8 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 9 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 10 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
It was looking good in pre-season as Tavern had a friendly with Wortham Dolphin.
“They haven't been beaten for two years and we beat them 4-2,” explained Andy.
“This lot are very very good. Out of 32 games last year, they only lost four, drew none.
“I have signed three new players and they are very good players. We have got a fantastic team spirit. All the boys are friends and all socialise together - that's an advantage. They all grew up together.”
He said the team did a lot of charity fundraising, raising �605 for St Nicholas' Hospice recently and were also part of Bulldogs' helicopter charity event at the end of last month.