Saham Toney prepare for Stephen Mower Memorial Shield semi-final
- Credit: Archant
Saham Toney’s home fixture to Bungay fell foul to the British Summer as heavy morning rain left the Pages Lane playing area under water on Saturday.
The Saham second XI were due to play away at Felthorpe but that also was also called off because of the rain. It means both sides have only played two games out of four so far.
This Saturday Saham are due to be away to Downham Market in Division Two of the Norfolk Cricket Alliance, with the seconds at home to Swanton Morley in Division Four of the Norfolk Cricket League.
But Saham’s first home game of the season could potentially be a Twenty20 match in the Stephen Mower Memorial Shield. They are due to play a semi-final against Swaffham on Thursday, June 5, with a 6.15pm start.
The first semi-final of the competition is Mundford against Dereham at Pages Lane on the Tuesday, June 3, with the final being played on Thursday, June 12.
You may also want to watch:
With Fielding restrictions, free hits and music it promises to be a fun occasion on all three nights.
Saham Toney chairman Simon Mower said: “The idea is to make sure it’s entertaining for players to want to play and for families to come and enjoy a summer’s evening, fingers crossed with the weather that is.
- 1 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 4 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 7 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 8 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor
- 9 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 10 Pet crematorium plans submitted but residents have air concerns
“We have not run the competition for three seasons and hope this will ignite a small competition for everyone to come and enjoy.
“It promises to be high scoring and hopefully the standard is good.
“All three invited teams are doing well in their respective leagues and hopefully make it a good spectacular to watch.”