Saham see it through
SAHAM Toney had an excellent 26-run win and claimed the maximum 25 points when Bradfield visited Pages Lane.Batting first, Saham posted 228-5 off their 46 overs in a solid batting display.
SAHAM Toney had an excellent 26-run win and claimed the maximum 25 points when Bradfield visited Pages Lane.
Batting first, Saham posted 228-5 off their 46 overs in a solid batting display.
Openers A Wood (38) and R Palmer (23) put on 69 for the first wicket before both fell within 10 runs of each other.
D Fahy came in and kept the momentum going, scoring a well-made 64 and received good support from S Mower (23) and W Dyer who made an excellent 33 not out.
You may also want to watch:
D Yarham was the most successful visitors' bowler claiming 2-34 off his 12 overs.
In response Saham got the early breakthrough they wanted when W Dyer bowled Saham old boy E Botwright. An 84-run partnership put Bradfield in the driving seat before Saham claimed four wickets for only 15 runs with P Sims again proving a wicket taker with three more victims.
- 1 Man charged with supplying Class A drugs in Thetford
- 2 'He's a dear little dog' - Thieves steal family pet Arthur
- 3 Viking themed children's play area confirmed at town's historic park
- 4 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 5 Rough sleepers' plea to be 'kept inside' as council secures £635k funding
- 6 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 7 Shoppers support market town traders as second lockdown lifts
- 8 Heavy rain prompts flood warnings as first snow forecast to fall
- 9 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 10 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
A 60-run partnership again saw things moving Bradfield's way before S Mower claimed his two victims of the afternoon. W Dyer came back and finished his fiery spell by claiming two further wickets. Victory for Saham was completed in the last over when D Fahy claimed a run out with the visitors looking to get a 90pc draw.
W Dyer was the pick of the home bowlers with 10.4-1-32-3 and got excellent support from I Lovick 12-2-32-1. S Mower claimed 2-52 and P Sims 3-57.
This week Saham entertain Matishall at Pages Lane (1pm) in another important league game before holding their mid-season barbecue in the evening, 7.30pm, all welcome.