Saham see it through
SAHAM Toney had an excellent 26-run win and claimed the maximum 25 points when Bradfield visited Pages Lane.Batting first, Saham posted 228-5 off their 46 overs in a solid batting display.
SAHAM Toney had an excellent 26-run win and claimed the maximum 25 points when Bradfield visited Pages Lane.
Batting first, Saham posted 228-5 off their 46 overs in a solid batting display.
Openers A Wood (38) and R Palmer (23) put on 69 for the first wicket before both fell within 10 runs of each other.
D Fahy came in and kept the momentum going, scoring a well-made 64 and received good support from S Mower (23) and W Dyer who made an excellent 33 not out.
You may also want to watch:
D Yarham was the most successful visitors' bowler claiming 2-34 off his 12 overs.
In response Saham got the early breakthrough they wanted when W Dyer bowled Saham old boy E Botwright. An 84-run partnership put Bradfield in the driving seat before Saham claimed four wickets for only 15 runs with P Sims again proving a wicket taker with three more victims.
- 1 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 2 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 3 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 4 A11 reopens following earlier collision
- 5 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Man found near air base with gun, axe and lock knife sentenced
- 8 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 9 Military drones to fly above Norfolk RAF base
- 10 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
A 60-run partnership again saw things moving Bradfield's way before S Mower claimed his two victims of the afternoon. W Dyer came back and finished his fiery spell by claiming two further wickets. Victory for Saham was completed in the last over when D Fahy claimed a run out with the visitors looking to get a 90pc draw.
W Dyer was the pick of the home bowlers with 10.4-1-32-3 and got excellent support from I Lovick 12-2-32-1. S Mower claimed 2-52 and P Sims 3-57.
This week Saham entertain Matishall at Pages Lane (1pm) in another important league game before holding their mid-season barbecue in the evening, 7.30pm, all welcome.