Rovers return with points
THETFORD Rovers were away to a newly-promoted and physical Loddon side, winning 3-0.The game kicked off and it was clear Rovers were going to have to battle hard to take all three points.
THETFORD Rovers were away to a newly-promoted and physical Loddon side, winning 3-0.
The game kicked off and it was clear Rovers were going to have to battle hard to take all three points.
The play was sloppy and Rovers were finding it hard to play their normal football and found themselves rushing their usual smooth passing game.
The back four of Charlie Walker, Darren Gay, stand-in centre back Rhys Parish and skipper Gary Nockins were soaking up the pressure. Keeper Ryan Durrant made two vital saves and Kept Rovers in the game.
You may also want to watch:
Rovers finally made a breakthrough seven minutes from half time as possibly one of the best worked goals we will see this season was scored. Jamie Pinto, Dick Bowers, Alex Degrace and Alan Goodwin were involved and the end produce was an Alex Degrace scoop over a defender for Alan Goodwin to power in through the defence to strike in to the top right.
The first half finished 1-0.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk election 2021: No change in Breckland
- 6 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 7 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 8 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
In the second half Rovers knew Loddon would come out with a vengeance, and that they did, but Rovers were up for the task at this point and took control early on and started to knock the ball around nicely.
Rovers were looking dangerous on the break and were starting to find the gaps in a tiring Loddon defence.
Rovers were celebrating Alan Goodwin's second as he swerved through and Rovers found themselves with three players on the keeper and Goodwin calmly slotted for his brace.
Rovers were looking more and more dangerous as the half went on with Alan Goodwin throwing away a golden opportunity for his hat trick and Alex Degrace and Dick Bowers saw good efforts go wide or blocked.
Loddon were still fighting and pressing on and were trying to break the back four but couldn't really find the final ball.
Rovers managed a third five minutes from the end as new signing and substitute David Forkes was able to get a head on a Dick Bowers corner and direct it calmly past the helpless Loddon keeper.
It was a good team performance with man of the match going to Ryan Durrant for his first-half display. He kept Loddon out in the first half as Rovers were a little out of sorts.
Next game is against East Harling at home on Saturday, October 18.