Rovers go out in the quarter-finals
Thetford Rovers lost 2-1 to Attleborough in the quarter-finals of the Cyril Ballyn Cup at Euston.
After a late call off manager Rob Sims found himself in goal while Dagraca, Anderson, Bond and Lake all came in from the team that played the previous week.
Rovers settled well, playing some good football in the opening 30 minutes, when Davies, Haylett and Shepherd (on two occasions) failed to test the keeper Attleborough keeper from good chance.
By contrast, Attleborough scored with only their second real attempt of the game when a free-kick was deflected past a helpless Sims.
The second half saw both sides give a determined performance, with good passages of play from both.
You may also want to watch:
On 70 minutes Liam Conroy’s run saw him drive a 20 yard shot low into the corner for a deserved equaliser.
But Attleborough produced a very good goal of their own on 75 minutes when a cross was headed home superbly.
- 1 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 2 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 3 'Extensive damage' caused as business centre is flooded
- 4 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 5 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 6 Cows cause congestion after wandering into RAF Lakenheath viewing area
- 7 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 8 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 9 Augmented reality Gruffalo trail launches in forest
- 10 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
Though Rovers pressed in the closing stages a goal failed to materialise and a late Dagraca second booking meant they finished the game with 10 men and a narrow defeat.
There were, however, good performances all round with the Ted Zipfel man of the match award going to Marc Anderson.
There is no first team game this weekend so all attention turns to the reserves, who entertain Bridgham at Euston, (2pm).