Round-up of Brecks bowls action
BOWLS: The Brecks IBC Ladies, playing at home to rivals Dereham, turned in a poor performance to go down by 48-59 (1-7).
Scores: Margaret Robinson, Thelma Scott, Val Gibson, lost 7-21; Joyce Doubleday, Anne Melton, Pat Struthers lost 11-17; Marina Hollowood, Jan Barnes, Madge Marsden lost 10-13; Pauline Wright, Pam Lacey, Rosie Smith won 20-8.
The game against Hunstanton was better, as they managed to pick up two points, but lost 41-63 (2-5).
Scores: Pauline Wright, Kath Farthing, Rosie Smith lost 5-25; Jan Barnes, Pam Lacey, Madge Marsden won 17-4; Margaret Robinson, Anne Melton, Pat Struthers lost 5-27; June Shepherd,Marina Hollowood, Val Gibson won 14-7.
In a very tight match against league leaders Pinewood, Brecks came out on top to gain six points 42-40 (6-2). Scores: Joyce Doubleday, Kath Farthing, Pat Struthers lost 6-11; Marina Hollowood, Jan Barnes, Madge Marsden lost 9-13; Pauline Wright, Pam Lacey, Val Gibson won 11-10; Lily Cooper, Thelma Scott,June Shepherd won 16-6. This was the ladies’ last league game of the season and they finished in a respectable 5th place. Well done girls!
You may also want to watch:
The Brecks men’s A team’s tale of woe continued when they entertained Acle B and lost 67-85 (1-6).
Scores: Mick Rutter, Eric Melton, John Gardner, Malcolm Struthers lost 13-23; George Farthing, Terry Lamb, David Kay, Walter Pattee won 23 20; Brian Mosby, Trevor Bingham, Alf Smith, David Betts lost 14-21; Pat Ainger, Dick Beattie, Alan Byford, Peter Scott lost 17-21.
- 1 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 2 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 3 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 4 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 5 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 6 Training at RAF base given positive rating by Ofsted
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
The Brecks B team played Wymondham C and lost on all rinks to lose 55-84 (0-7).
Scores: Bill Brewer, Bill Smith, Bill Boast, Nolan Newbury lost 6-23; Karel Mikulik, Bob Sales, John Anderson, Mike Holbrook lost 17-23; Les Friend, Ron Cooper, John Washbrook, Graham Bradshaw lost 17-19, Simon Ferney, Ray Key, John Routledge, Steve Davey lost 15-19.