Round-up of Brecks bowls action
BOWLS: The Brecks IBC Ladies, playing at home to rivals Dereham, turned in a poor performance to go down by 48-59 (1-7).
Scores: Margaret Robinson, Thelma Scott, Val Gibson, lost 7-21; Joyce Doubleday, Anne Melton, Pat Struthers lost 11-17; Marina Hollowood, Jan Barnes, Madge Marsden lost 10-13; Pauline Wright, Pam Lacey, Rosie Smith won 20-8.
The game against Hunstanton was better, as they managed to pick up two points, but lost 41-63 (2-5).
Scores: Pauline Wright, Kath Farthing, Rosie Smith lost 5-25; Jan Barnes, Pam Lacey, Madge Marsden won 17-4; Margaret Robinson, Anne Melton, Pat Struthers lost 5-27; June Shepherd,Marina Hollowood, Val Gibson won 14-7.
In a very tight match against league leaders Pinewood, Brecks came out on top to gain six points 42-40 (6-2). Scores: Joyce Doubleday, Kath Farthing, Pat Struthers lost 6-11; Marina Hollowood, Jan Barnes, Madge Marsden lost 9-13; Pauline Wright, Pam Lacey, Val Gibson won 11-10; Lily Cooper, Thelma Scott,June Shepherd won 16-6. This was the ladies’ last league game of the season and they finished in a respectable 5th place. Well done girls!
You may also want to watch:
The Brecks men’s A team’s tale of woe continued when they entertained Acle B and lost 67-85 (1-6).
Scores: Mick Rutter, Eric Melton, John Gardner, Malcolm Struthers lost 13-23; George Farthing, Terry Lamb, David Kay, Walter Pattee won 23 20; Brian Mosby, Trevor Bingham, Alf Smith, David Betts lost 14-21; Pat Ainger, Dick Beattie, Alan Byford, Peter Scott lost 17-21.
- 1 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 2 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 5 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 8 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 9 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
The Brecks B team played Wymondham C and lost on all rinks to lose 55-84 (0-7).
Scores: Bill Brewer, Bill Smith, Bill Boast, Nolan Newbury lost 6-23; Karel Mikulik, Bob Sales, John Anderson, Mike Holbrook lost 17-23; Les Friend, Ron Cooper, John Washbrook, Graham Bradshaw lost 17-19, Simon Ferney, Ray Key, John Routledge, Steve Davey lost 15-19.